One Malt, One Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Hi,

So what would it be? you can only use one type of malt from anywhere in the world and one type of hop from anywhere in the world.
Why would you choose them and what beer would you make?

For me atm its weyermann munich 1 and hallertau, mmmm malty and herby/spicy. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Chris

Maris Otter and Willamette.Pure and simple pommy Bitter.

Guess its pretty hard to go past MO for an ale. I wouldn't compain too much with MO and Styrian Goldings.

Slight variation...

Weyermann Bohemian Pils and Czech Saaz, and a triple decoction too!
Testify! :chug:

Shame that it's hard to make a weizen with 1 grain, even though it's been done by forum members, I'd think that it's too difficult to be my only grain, ever...

Seth :p

Ditto Darren's suggestion.

That might be Thursday's brew, except it will be JW pilsner grain.

Shame that it's hard to make a weizen with 1 grain, even though it's been done by forum members, I'd think that it's too difficult to be my only grain, ever...

Seth :p

Yeah it was on my mind as I've done a 100% wheat,but it was a bit shallow IMO.
I am toying with the idea of doing another though and entering it into saabsosa 07 for feedback.
Went for the British ale instead.Interesting to see the lagerphiles coming out of the woodwork though.
If nothing else this thread shows (and reminds us ) that sometimes the most simple combo's are ol faves that are well worth a revisit ;)

wey pils or veinna with german fresh hal

never done a mash before, so i cant really comment on the grains, but the hops would be amarillo i reckon. high enough AA for bittering with simply, and a lovely taste.

either that or cascade.

love my apa's :p

Weyermann pils and fresh saaz

cheers

Darren

No Real other choice IMO.

maybe Weyermann pils and Saaz B or Halleratu would come close but second to Weyermann pils and fresh saaz

For my one malt I would choose "ale" and for my one hop I would have to stop and think a little... it would have to be a variety that is grown in many countries with unique characters to each climate. That way I would still be able to make a nice variety of beer... I can toast my ale malt, right?

IMC Pilsner malt and hallertau for sure.

Or MO and POR.

(ducks and dodges bullets)

cheers

Back