One Hundred And Fifty Litres In One Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masculator002

Reaction score
Just put down my first mega brew. Normally I brew all grains but at the moment I dont have the equipment to do more than a standard size all grain so I stooped to brewing an extract.

It comprises 28 kgs of black fern lager malt (yes you can buy that much in a tin) 300 grams of chinook, 100 grams of nelson sauvin, 12 grams of green bullet, 22 grams of columbus. Estimated ibu's around the 60 mark, alcohol around the 5.5%. Yeast is fermentis US 05 would normally use the us 56 from ross at craft brewer but didnt have the time to wait for it to come in the post, and this is supposed to be the replacement code for the fermentis US 56. gonna be a few parties coming up....lol :chug:

oh the fermenter it is an italian stainless 400 litre, it is infinitely variable with the inflatable tube around the rim of the lid. :D B)

Sounds interesting! Have you got any photos of this fermenter?
Also I hope you pitched more than one sachet of the US-05 :p

Just put down my first mega brew. Normally I brew all grains but at the moment I dont have the equipment to do more than a standard size all grain so I stooped to brewing an extract.

It comprises 28 kgs of black fern lager malt (yes you can buy that much in a tin) 300 grams of chinook, 100 grams of nelson sauvin, 12 grams of green bullet, 22 grams of columbus. Estimated ibu's around the 60 mark, alcohol around the 5.5%. Yeast is fermentis US 05 would normally use the us 56 from ross at craft brewer but didnt have the time to wait for it to come in the post, and this is supposed to be the replacement code for the fermentis US 56. gonna be a few parties coming up....lol :chug:

oh the fermenter it is an italian stainless 400 litre, it is infinitely variable with the inflatable tube around the rim of the lid. :D B)

Pictures, pictures :eek:

Sounds interesting! Have you got any photos of this fermenter?
Also I hope you pitched more than one sachet of the US-05 :p

Yes there a few more than the one packet of yeast in there. I dont have my camera with me at the moment so I cant post any at present but I will in the near future. keep an eye out for them.

Yes there a few more than the one packet of yeast in there. I dont have my camera with me at the moment so I cant post any at present but I will in the near future. keep an eye out for them.

I think the Ibrew website has photos of them. They have a cool finish on the outside.

I hope you're not bottling. In stubbies...

Hey masculator,
Did you get this idea off Oliver and Geoffs Millenium Ale Project?

If you you havnt read about it, here is a link
http://homebrewandbeer.com/millenniumale.html

They had a few issues with yeast not being able to chew all the sugars and had to keep starting it...

They had a few issues with yeast not being able to chew all the sugars and had to keep starting it...

That would be more to do with the fact that they massively underpitched yeast for the batch. They should of first used those packs to build up enough yeast with a smaller beer, or pitched 4-5 packs of dry yeast. They really needed about 10 packs of wyeast or more!

Latest posts

Back