One Day I'm Gunna Try A...........

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!............ Its american and popular............ similar to the reasons i have never read Palmers "How to brew" :)

Whats something you probably should have tried as a brewer of beer....... but havent, and why?

Just for fun :)

Evening Tony. After attending a recent swap I'm thinking bout using BIAB for my next brew, it will be a Bo Pils and a single batch BIAB will be easier to build the yeast for.
I've been 3V for a long time, long before BIAb appeared.

Still to brew... man that's a long list Tony...

a Jalapeno beer
a Potato beer
a Pumpkin beer
a xmas spiced ale

maybe blend some of my lambics

...and all those remaining styles I have yet to try from the guidelines!

The above requires more time! and bottling/kegging space! :)

Still to brew... man that's a long list Tony...

Na i was tlaking trying a bottle of comercial SNPA...... never had it.

a Jalapeno beer...... done it, Chipotle.
a Potato beer..... You can keep that im not a fan of potatoes. :icon_vomit:
a Pumpkin beer..... planned for this xmas
a xmas spiced ale...... done it... YUM

nice to do list

Sorry Tony, I misread your OP slightly!

I need to try more commercial sour beers!

I need to get over to Dusseldorf and get some Altbier straight from the keg at a local,

Gunna definately get to the States one day, locate some Pliny and enjoy a few pints of it.

:icon_offtopic: I have never had a SNPA, heard similar rave reviews about it - found these links previously that I have had bookmarked for a future SNPA clone if of interest to you:

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/vie...rra+nevada+pale

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?t=15532

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/vie...t=Sierra+Nevada

http://beerdujour.com/Recipes/SN_Celebrati..._2nd_round.html

Looking forward to seeing how my chillies (grown from your kindly donated seeds) come along this season!

I haven't tried brewing a real lager. It will happen one day when I get real temperature control, but in the mean time I'm just going to enjoy tasty ales, and fake lagers. ^_^

Funny you bring this up Tony. Only tonight did I get to try my first SNPA.

It was good, seemed balanced and I could drink many more of them if I had the chance.

However, I was slightly underwhelmed by the flavour of it. I did expect a little more on the hop flavour side of things but maybe it's because I am getting used to the hoppy beers I have been brewing lately.

It is now on my list of clones to brew as Nierra Sevada by Cocko but I may add some extra Amarillo to flavour it up some. See how I feel on the day! B)

My next thing to try is a CPA clone and my new immersion chiller I got for my birthday. That will be tomorrow. :D :D :D

Cheers

HC

Edit: to make the voices in my head go away.

:icon_offtopic:

True story this......... i have never tasted an energy drink!

EVER!

Never will either.

Making a beer with POR, I have nothing against it, just have not got around to using some.

:icon_offtopic:

True story this......... i have never tasted an energy drink!

EVER!

Never will either.

I believe the phrase is "flame suit on" but here goes:

Try a Red Bull in your beer.
Yep. In the beer. Mixed in.
Actually nice in a lager to add a bit of taste after a couple of lagers.
I like it, anyway.

Bjorn

Tried a SNPA a few months ago, was very impressed, tasted like an awesome home brewed APA :)

I am still yet to try:
Rochefort 8 etc
Murrays range
Cantillon...the list goes on

I only have to peruse the What's in the Glass (commercial) thread and my tastebuds feel very inadequate :(

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale!............ Its american and popular............ similar to the reasons i have never read Palmers "How to brew" :)

Whats something you probably should have tried as a brewer of beer....... but havent, and why?

How to brew is a good book, very good when you're new to brewing IMHO.

Beer wise, i think one day i'll try to brew a munich dunkel. Actuallly, i'll brew a few coz im sure it'll take me a few attempts to get a decent one. I had one at our german club a few years ago and it was like drinking a bakery, so gorgeously malty, but not cloying at all.

I believe the phrase is "flame suit on" but here goes:

Try a Red Bull in your beer.
Yep. In the beer. Mixed in.
Actually nice in a lager to add a bit of taste after a couple of lagers.
I like it, anyway.

Bjorn

When we meet up for a pint in a couple of weeks I'll sit at the Bar at the Lord Nelson, pour a Red Bull into my Nelson's blood and as the entire bar recoils in horror I'll point accusingly at you :p

Hehehe, ok maybe not at Lord Nelson and maybe not in the Porter!!
I had a pint of Nelson's Blood after work on Friday and I agree there is no room for Red Bull there :D

I was hoping to get a Saturday leave pass for when you are coming down, saw that Pollux and you were talking of taking the ferry to Manly for a couple of pints.

Bjorn

FYI the recipe for this is in the "BYO 250 clone brew manual"

Making invert sugar syrup is on my list of brewing tasks to learn. And making a yeast starter. Would like to make a gluten free porter but right now I wouldn't know how.

Pumpkin and pumpkin spice beer is in the planning stages for drinking in October.

SNPA always reminded me of Cooper's sparkling ale

I found it overly bitter, but I find CSA the same way

Latest posts

Back