Oldest Beer You've Had?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the pleasure of trying a 10YO Chimay Blue at the Kulminator in Antwerp last year. Difficult to say how it compared to a "fresh" one without doing a vertical tasting. Would like to return there one day with some other beer mates to do a comparison. From memory the oldest Chimay they had cellared was 30YO for about 30 Euro (330ml). I have a bottle of Westvleteren 12 that I am saving for a special occassion.

Had the pleasure of trying a 10YO Chimay Blue at the Kulminator in Antwerp last year. Difficult to say how it compared to a "fresh" one without doing a vertical tasting. Would like to return there one day with some other beer mates to do a comparison. From memory the oldest Chimay they had cellared was 30YO for about 30 Euro (330ml). I have a bottle of Westvleteren 12 that I am saving for a special occassion.
Jimmy01 ive got a bottle of westvleteren 12 in the cupboard too,bloody hard work trying to think of a special occasion to save it for!!!!!!!!!!
The oldest beer was probably a can (the steel one)of K.B that we stole from my pops shed and drunk, when me and my sister were young,from what i can remember it was rusty!! :chug:

I drank some old Cooper's kit beers that I found in my parents garage about a year ago, that would have been ~14 years old...tasted ok by kit beer standards. Also had one of my great uncles (partial mash) beers last year, he probably hasn't brewed for a similar timeframe, so say 14 years old, tasted like dark soda water.

Bottled a porter last year the day my daughter was born, and drank a bottle of it on her first birthday last week. Still have 6 and hoping 1 will still be around in storage under the house for her 18th birthday.

I also have 2 bottles of Hahn Millenium Ale, plus a 1983 can of Carlton Draught (white steel can with the old style ringpull), plus a 1983? can of Abbots Lager.

Coopers Vintage 1998. Had a bottle a few months ago and almost reached for another last night but will save them for when the company is better......

Latest posts

Back