Oktoberfest @ The German Club Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, the only weekend in October I'm working !!
I gotta try to get it off somehow, then the plan will be drink all Saturday at the club, wake up and start drinking again for the NRL grand final !

We are aiming to get there at 12 in a probably vain attempt to get some seats.

Bugger, dropping my wife off at the airport that evening as I start 3 weeks of bachelorhood.... Why didn't I book her on a plane Friday :(

Enjoy guys... :icon_chickcheers:

Bugger, dropping my wife off at the airport that evening as I start 3 weeks of bachelorhood.... Why didn't I book her on a plane Friday :(

Come on Ross that's what you have kids for...... :D

:icon_cheers:
Paul

+1 Bribe Josh :lol:

Edit: does anyone know if Incider is going and will he be wearing his Dirndl? (in the best possible taste of course)

Is there any chance of getting a park in the car park next door on the Saturday ?
I will have to come straight from work so I'll have my car, just need to convince the wife to drive it home hehe !

Is there any chance of getting a park in the car park next door on the Saturday ?
I will have to come straight from work so I'll have my car, just need to convince the wife to drive it home hehe !

No chance.....

Ok cheers, will have to look at other arrangements.

Also is it so hard to get in and to the bar that it's not even worth going or what ?
I was talking to a guy behind the bar last week and he said it's cued out the door to get in and about 10 deep to get to the bar.
I'd love to enjoy Oktoberfest but I don't want to spend the whole time in a line.

Ok cheers, will have to look at other arrangements.

Also is it so hard to get in and to the bar that it's not even worth going or what ?
I was talking to a guy behind the bar last week and he said it's cued out the door to get in and about 10 deep to get to the bar.
I'd love to enjoy Oktoberfest but I don't want to spend the whole time in a line.

Last year some of the late comers waited 1 1/2 hours to get in, it gets to the 'someone has to leave before letting you in' thingy.

Ok cheers Batz, I really need the day off to go in early.

Your stickers are still up in the club BTW !!

We're aiming to get there around 12am, save you a seat Nick???

How are we getting there, bus from your place?

What time did we get there last year? I thought it was a bit later but... thinks, remembers....... most of the tables were gone by then.

I'll be there in leather.

Campbell

How are we getting there, bus from your place?

What time did we get there last year? I thought it was a bit later but... thinks, remembers....... most of the tables were gone by then.

I'll be there in leather.

Campbell

This one?
View attachment 48644

Probably bus, I think we got there at 1pm last year :unsure:

If anyone wants to get dropped off at mine tomorrow (At Murarrie - for pre-beers of course!) before proceedings kick off, you're more than welcome. Let's say from 10ish onward. Was looking at getting to the GC by about 12ish.... Likely to be bussing from Cannon Hill Plaza (about 4 mins walk from here) into the Gabba.

Let me know. Unannounced wakeup-calls will be punished by severe beatings and sculling of jugs [of beer] ;)

Cheers!

EDIT: I'm off to the main bar around 2:30 to watch the AFL Grand Final (go anyone but Collingwood...) so seats may and/or may not be what I'm chasing ;)

I'm eyeballing a hefe keg ATM, and there's an Alt waiting in fridge 2. Or maybe just a few warming rounds of Beire de Mars (right season for it). Could be a messy day :rolleyes:

Edit: should be there around 12 Nick (probably half cut ahem arriving with Stillscottish what could possibly go wrong?)

Oh dear, it will be messy.....

I should be there by 12 all going to plan.

Now, time to get out of bed and get some eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast into me...

Oh dear, it will be messy.....

I should be there by 12 all going to plan.

Now, time to get out of bed and get some eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast into me...
washed down with 2L of lager :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back