The 2010 Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition And German B

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etbandit

Reaction score
The 2010 Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition and German Beer Festival.

Homebrew Competition: Sat 4th Sept 2010
Entries are open for all German beer styles: Wheat, Pale Lager, Dark Lagers and Bock Categories.
Entries are open to all states, independent and club affiliated amateur brewers. Entries close 12pm Sat 28th Aug: See entry form for drop-off points

Oktoberfest Public Tasting: Sun 5th Sept 2010
Doors open 11am - 4pm - Craft beer tastings, Live music, Kransky BBQ, Brewing Demonstrations, Homebrew competitions awards, Peoples choice award for best beer. Hickinbotham Winery - 194 Nepean Hwy Dromana VIC
View attachment EntryPublic.jpg

Prizes are awarded for:
Champion Beer of Show
Champion Brewer
1st, 2nd & 3rd Place in each category
Best Novice Brewer (Victorian brewers only)

Winners will be announced at 2pm on Sun 5th Sept during the Oktoberfest Public tasting day

For full details on the Flyer & Entry Forms
View attachment Entry_Oktoberfest_2010.PDF
View attachment Oktoberfest_Public_Day_2010.PDF

The Bayside Brewers

None of your dates match, your description is different to the PDF and even the dates for the competition differ in the description, I think you need to edit.

Andrew

None of your dates match, your description is different to the PDF and even the dates for the competition differ in the description, I think you need to edit.

Andrew

Thanks mate. Dates edited.

Sunday 5th September: Public Day German Beer Festival

View attachment OktoberfestBanner.jpg

Hickinbotham Winery - 194 Nepean Hwy Dromana VIC
Doors open 11am till 4pm
Craft beer tastings: Vienna Lager, German Pilsner, Schwarzbier, Oktoberfest, Hefweizen, Munich Helles, Bock, Kolsch & Altbier
Music & Kransky BBQ
Brewing demonstrations
Homebrew competition awards
Peoples choice award for Best Beer
Door Prizes
$20 includes commemorative beer glass & 5 free tastings

I think you've got an issue with how you're linking to images in your posts.

None of the images in your posts are displaying in either Firefox or IE.

PM me if you need a hand.

Hey Baysiders... any updates on when the results will be available on this one??

Brendo

G'day Brendan,

We're just finalising some things.

Full results will be up in the next few days.

Cheers

C`mon Bayside,
Its been a while, when are the results going to be public.

I know the placing`s, I was there on the day. Melbourne Brewers performed pretty well, I did ok too.
More interested in my non placings and scoresheets, with Vicbrew only now a few days from closing.

After horrific storms that night, all power was out at the winery when we arrived for lunch. Nobody was turned away and the only thing taken off the menu was the deep fried calamari. They even went to the trouble of firing up the old wood terracotta pizza cooker outside, all the while the poor ladycook was being blown away by the storms. Kudo`s to Hickinbotham for how they handled the situation on such an important day as Fathers Day and of course Oktoberfest. We had a great meal, wine n beers!

Unfort a few brewers couldnt fire up their rigs for demo but the trusty gas one was their and blazing away (an american brown) by Cam and John I think.
Some serious beers were available on multitudes of kegs, I will be interested in the peoples choice award, I tasted most but I had a few tickets left, there was a grouse dobblebock that got my vote.

Super day again and well done Bayside.

Hi folks,

Here's the full results for the 2010 Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest Homebrew competition. The peoples choice award results from the festival day were still being tallied and hence the delayed release of all results.

Special thanks to all the judges especially (as we were short on numbers this year), stewards and entrants for making it another successfully competition.

Many thanks to our sponsor, Hickinbotham Winery, Keg King, Grain & Grape, Magick Brew, OneStopBarShop, Bintani, Vicbrew and Ormond meats for their support and generous prizes worth over $800.

I've attached a .pdf here instead as some could not view it properly earlier.

Cheers
Chan.
View attachment OktoberfestFullResults2010.pdf

C`mon Bayside,
Its been a while, when are the results going to be public.
I know the placing`s, I was there on the day. Melbourne Brewers performed pretty well, I did ok too.
More interested in my non placings and scoresheets, with Vicbrew only now a few days from closing.

Well done Haysie! Represent!!!!! :D

Well Done Brendo,
Is Traditional Bock right? It was announced as a Dopple.

Well Done Matt,
Only a mere half a point.

Well Done Brendo,
Is Traditional Bock right? It was announced as a Dopple.

Well Done Matt,
Only a mere half a point.

Thanks Haysie - it was a Trad Bock mate.

Top work yourself - taking out both BOS and Champion Brewer... nice one!!

Some comp day photos:
IMG_2987.JPGIMG_2990.JPGIMG_2975.JPGIMG_2974.JPGIMG_3081.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 33
Festival Day photos:
IMG_3062.JPGIMG_3097.JPGIMG_3103.JPGIMG_3091.JPGIMG_3089.JPG[attac
hment=41002:IMG_3117.JPG]

Attachments

• IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG