OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
Grew up on a beef farm at Bega.
Cash Carrying for security company.
Worked for a waste management company for 14yrs (5yrs managenent)
Moved to Newcastle & worked for another waste management company.
Currently a Fitter & Truck Mechanic

6 Days per week for the last 2 mths.
Finally got a Saturday off today.
Pretty stoked ay.

Fly big remote control planes in my spare time.

I just started a new job 2 weeks ago, supply and purchasing manager for an exploration drilling company. It's a bit of a commute, the job is based in Ndola, Zambia. 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off, that might impact on the brewing :( Unless I start brewing over here, I'll have to do some research.

I work for the Government in Foreign Relations.
(Drunken Gunnery Sailor)
Have previously worked as a mechanic, ERT and OH&S in the mines but have been doing this whole sailor gig for 10 years. :icon_chickcheers:

Lawyer ... almost ticked "other, something shady" instead of "office worker"

I find brewing more effective than friendship money :D

Back working in an office, in manufacturing - have done since I left uni 5 years ago, with a brief stint Drilling at Olympic Dam for BHP, and labouring for a mate when we all got layed off.

Captian a Darts team, the JESTERS! A2 Division - second season in as a team - going pretty well so far with our darts! love it! Started out at the Royal Hotel Kent town, now moved to the Kentish Arms in Nth Adelaide - pretty good scene. Love walking in and the bar staff/locals are saying uh oh the darts team have arrived!!

Cheers.

student, drummer in a band and weekend barman. why were none of those an option?
murray

Unless it is in a taxi.

[EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with being a taxi driver. Just not terribly exciting.]

[EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with being a taxi driver. Just not terribly exciting.]
au contraire dear bum. Ask 4* about his many taxi adventures...

After reading through the thread I did not want to just put taxi driver down, so I embellished a little :D

After reading through the thread I did not want to just put taxi driver down, so I embellished a little :D
Dang, had a mental image of a fellow forum member being some super-cool, woman-(s)laying, ferrari racing driver.

Guess I'll just go back to my job of converting 1's and 0's into other 1's and 0's.

Vertical Transportation Reliability Engineer

read: Lift Mechanic/Electrician :ph34r:

Unreal job and has taken me all over Australia and the greater part of South Australia!

Are there two story buildings in South Australia?

Lemon

Dang, had a mental image of a fellow forum member being some super-cool, woman-(s)laying, ferrari racing driver.

You would still be right, except for the Ferrari.

Pharmacist
The drug-dealer you see most often :)

Just started a new gig managing a pharmacy in Redcliffe QLD.
Used to own my own pharmacy in Rotovegas NZ, Then managed in Hamiltron NZ, Avarua (Cook Islands) and now QLD.
Sorta travelling wilbury really

Back