OK, You're Here And You Brew, What Else Do You Do?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do to finance your brewing?

• Office worker...airconditioned, free internet access.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT..as above, with online games & betting.

• Self employed...OK to start work with a hangover.

• Factory/process worker...thirsty job.

• Other manufacturing...have own welder, built own coolroom.

• Farmer...thinking of planting top paddock to barley & hops.

• Unemployed...spend all day watching your airlock bubble.

• Other...something shady perhaps (HBS owner?)

• Total voters
Grew up on a beef farm at Bega.
Cash Carrying for security company.
Worked for a waste management company for 14yrs (5yrs managenent)
Moved to Newcastle & worked for another waste management company.
Currently a Fitter & Truck Mechanic

6 Days per week for the last 2 mths.
Finally got a Saturday off today.
Pretty stoked ay.

Fly big remote control planes in my spare time.

I just started a new job 2 weeks ago, supply and purchasing manager for an exploration drilling company. It's a bit of a commute, the job is based in Ndola, Zambia. 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off, that might impact on the brewing :( Unless I start brewing over here, I'll have to do some research.

I work for the Government in Foreign Relations.
(Drunken Gunnery Sailor)
Have previously worked as a mechanic, ERT and OH&S in the mines but have been doing this whole sailor gig for 10 years. :icon_chickcheers:

Lawyer ... almost ticked "other, something shady" instead of "office worker"

I find brewing more effective than friendship money :D

Back working in an office, in manufacturing - have done since I left uni 5 years ago, with a brief stint Drilling at Olympic Dam for BHP, and labouring for a mate when we all got layed off.

Captian a Darts team, the JESTERS! A2 Division - second season in as a team - going pretty well so far with our darts! love it! Started out at the Royal Hotel Kent town, now moved to the Kentish Arms in Nth Adelaide - pretty good scene. Love walking in and the bar staff/locals are saying uh oh the darts team have arrived!!

Cheers.

student, drummer in a band and weekend barman. why were none of those an option?
murray

Unless it is in a taxi.

[EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with being a taxi driver. Just not terribly exciting.]

[EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with being a taxi driver. Just not terribly exciting.]
au contraire dear bum. Ask 4* about his many taxi adventures...

After reading through the thread I did not want to just put taxi driver down, so I embellished a little :D

After reading through the thread I did not want to just put taxi driver down, so I embellished a little :D
Dang, had a mental image of a fellow forum member being some super-cool, woman-(s)laying, ferrari racing driver.

Guess I'll just go back to my job of converting 1's and 0's into other 1's and 0's.

Vertical Transportation Reliability Engineer

read: Lift Mechanic/Electrician :ph34r:

Unreal job and has taken me all over Australia and the greater part of South Australia!

Are there two story buildings in South Australia?

Lemon

Dang, had a mental image of a fellow forum member being some super-cool, woman-(s)laying, ferrari racing driver.

You would still be right, except for the Ferrari.

Pharmacist
The drug-dealer you see most often :)

Just started a new gig managing a pharmacy in Redcliffe QLD.
Used to own my own pharmacy in Rotovegas NZ, Then managed in Hamiltron NZ, Avarua (Cook Islands) and now QLD.
Sorta travelling wilbury really

Latest posts

Back