Oettinger Pils

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a six pack of this at BWS for $15 6x500ml cans.

Pretty good value....2 beers at platform are $12 for less volume.

Not sure if they have a cheap carton price but for 24 x 500ml cans $60 would be OK.

Dan Murphy's has cartons (24x500ml) for about $43

$24 a carton at BWS at the moment.

BWS is 20% off all cartons. $24 is the cheapest full strength i've seen in a while.

Priced at $45 a case of cans right now. Not sure if that's due to inflation, local beer pricing, increasing beer taxes, or just price gouging.

I'm gonna go with GOUGING!

Dunno, is most other beer 30% more expensive than 2007 (first post in this thread)???

i think you would find it difficult to find a beer that hasn't increased by 30% since 07

In 2007 a 3 pack of Tooheys longnecks was around $11.
One of the reasons I took up HB the following year as it wasn't too long before that I was regularly buying 4 for $12.

Rivet lager is still just over a dollar a can. Although they don't do Rivet in six packs (that would put a sixer at just over $6) Aldi must be the only liquor outlet where you can walk in and get individual six packs of a range of brews for about $9 each.

Les the Weizguy said:
Priced at $45 a case of cans right now. Not sure if that's due to inflation, local beer pricing, increasing beer taxes, or just price gouging.

I'm gonna go with GOUGING!

Dunno, is most other beer 30% more expensive than 2007 (first post in this thread)???
I'm going with tax increases. we had 4 last year and wasn't it fun changing all the tickets in store because of it.

Alcohol-free beer? I've often thought of buying a 6-pack of it for certain mates for a laugh, but alcohol-free beer is no joke that's for sure. It's the invention of the devil.

I remember back in the old days, hippy types would have alternative versions of all sorts of tried and true stuff that we humans have been consuming for 1000s of years. Woops I'm getting cranky. Must of eaten gluten.

Speaking of alcohol frei I did the tour of the Becks brewery (back in 2001) and when they heard I was a homebrewer they had me do a blind tasting and give feedback about each of 3 samples.

I picked out one as being the odd one out and described it as being "like dishwater" - it was their alcohol frei version.