NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrantSpatchcock said:
Ok, this might come across as a silly question, but with the entry forms (online and hard copy) as well as bottle labels, I'm really confused as to what the Entry Number is.

The entry form states 'Entry number on bottles is number as on entry form, both hardcopy and electronic'. Yet, the hardcopy form has only 6 fields, the online 8. I'm entering more than 8, so do I just start from 1-8 then go back to 1? ie. Two bottles will have the number 1? I dunno, totally confused and keep confusing myself worse!
You print the hardcopy twice.(youll need to print the bottle labels three times as you have 8 entries)
You do put your own entry numbers on it. 1-6 on the first hardcopy, 7 & 8 on the second hardcopy after filling in the top details again.

barls said:
that is used by the organisers so leave it blank.
For the state comp only the last column is left blank for the organisers.

Cheers mate, was honestly doing my head in, although that may be the ciders I'm trying to figure out how to describe!

And just one final question, the numbers I put on the hardcopy are the same numbers I put on the entry number on the bottle labels, right?

I've entered a few comps, but I'm staring at two milk crates worth of entries and just going a little loopy!

mckenry said:
You print the hardcopy twice.(youll need to print the bottle labels three times as you have 8 entries)
You do put your own entry numbers on it. 1-6 on the first hardcopy, 7 & 8 on the second hardcopy after filling in the top details again.

GrantSpatchcock said:
And just one final question, the numbers I put on the hardcopy are the same numbers I put on the entry number on the bottle labels, right?
Thats it.

I was doing my own head in, with ESB, state and Castle Hill to consider. All with similar labels yes/no numbers etc.
Some want substyle in roman numerals.... Some call the same beer different names.
I decided to hell with it and just drank the stuff ;)

mckenry said:
Thats it.

I was doing my own head in, with ESB, state and Castle Hill to consider. All with similar labels yes/no numbers etc.
Some want substyle in roman numerals.... Some call the same beer different names.
Cheers. I've got over 25 entries for this comp, had 12 for ESB and a few dozen for Castle Hill aswell, so I know the pain only all too well!!

One final question, with more than 1 online entry form needed, I'm assuming I number them 1-25, rather than 1-8 then starting back at 1, right!

mckenry said:
Thats it.

if it makes you feel better I'm one of the ones dealing with castle hill

Can we drop entries off at Potters?
Dae Tripper, did you ask the secretary at out mailbox. Best bet is to start there.
Spoke to Kirrawee brew shop and they are a drop off point.

Hey what are the prizes? I dont enter things for glory.....i want to win shiny shit!
I believe that there are monetary prizes, as that was being negotiated. Still finalising those prizes.
Some prizes are already indicated on the updated entry form.

GrantSpatchcock said:
Cheers. I've got over 25 entries for this comp, had 12 for ESB and a few dozen for Castle Hill aswell, so I know the pain only all too well!!

One final question, with more than 1 online entry form needed, I'm assuming I number them 1-25, rather than 1-8 then starting back at 1, right!
If the online allows it to go to 25 that's what I would do. If not the entry number / style in words should be unique anyway.

GrantSpatchcock said:
Hah, I just did a count. Given what I've currently got fermenting and already have bottled, assuming two entries per category and meads and ciders are judged, I'd have 32 entries. That's $160 odd in fees assuming $5 an entry. Not to mention I've got to get the bottles to the Hunter, which could be very, very costly.

Here's hoping single bottle entries are accepted!! But either way, it's the states, its once a year, and I'll get them up there.
if you have trouble getting them to the drop off points, but can get them to newcastle, then i would happily drop them off for you, that might not help you out at all, but just thought i would throw it out there :)

jimmy_jangles said:
if you have trouble getting them to the drop off points, but can get them to newcastle, then i would happily drop them off for you, that might not help you out at all, but just thought i would throw it out there :)
Cheers mate, appreciate it. I'm all sorted now that the drop off places have been sorted, but appreciate the help!

Stupid question time: How do people stick the labels on their bottles when entering comps?

sticky tape or rubber bands.
the first one is what i use

kaiserben said:
Stupid question time: How do people stick the labels on their bottles when entering comps?
Rubber band, or more often - length of clear sticky tape (maybe a few bands around the bottle to secure the label).

Hey all. Cutting pretty close with my ipa entry. How long after i submit my entry will it remain unrefridgerated?

moodgett said:
Hey all. Cutting pretty close with my ipa entry. How long after i submit my entry will it remain unrefridgerated?
Hi
They will all be sorted and in the coolroom on Wednesday to give them time to settle.
I assume you are concerned with carb?

Cheers
Adam

Latest posts

Back