NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boonchu said:
There are no rooms left at potters and according to Charlie from HUB no rooms have been booked for judges / stewards
looks positive...

You go to the AABC web page, and for the NSW comp it points to this thread.
I contacted AABC to have this thread nominated, as I expected HUB (of which I am a member) to have some details posted here by now.
I will be attending the HUB meeting tonight, and have already impressed upon the club Executive the importance of having details available by now, and will work with them to get documentation available ASAP.

Category prizes are being finalised at present and will be published as soon as possible. The classes/categories will remain unchanged.

I can feel the sense of disappointment and frustration here, and empathise strongly.

Is there value in complaining about it, and is there a more suitable outlet? Probably...

I will keep this incident in mind for future comp EOIs, but that still does not negate the fact that HUB and Castle Hill seem to be the only comps with any interest in running as State AABC qualifiers in the last few years.

Anyway, please direct any further queries to me at lesdotweveratgeemaildotcom, substituting a full stop for dot and letter G for gee. (*Preparing flame suit now).

As for spurious negative comments and uninformed disrespect for HUB, please keep it to yourself.
Maybe one should practice the philosophy of RDWHAHB.

Thanks to all supporters (Barry, I'm looking at you), and please see post #24 in this thread (http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/86630-nsw-state-comp-2015/?p=1295072) for expressing interest in the judging/stewarding for the comp.

Entry form available here now. http://www.hunterbrewers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8319-entry-information/

[SIZE=12pt]Crickey, I had better get moving and brew my Russian Imperial Stout this weekend, maybe I'll whip up a Barley wine and Flanders Red too [/SIZE]

Mikedub said:
[SIZE=12pt]Crickey, I had better get moving and brew my Russian Imperial Stout this weekend, maybe I'll whip up a Barley wine and Flanders Red too [/SIZE]
don't forget the baltic porter

Potters is booked out so at this stage that counts me out for judging.

That was quickly put up, I was only looking at HUB page just before I had lunch.

Good to see the PDF is now up.

What disappointing is that looking at the pdf file details it's been ready since 26/Jun

Is the closing date Friday the 31st of July or Saturday the 1st of August?

The flyer says Friday the 1st of August and that day and date don't match up at all.

Given the late notice I think giving people up until Saturday the 1st would be greatly appreciated by all... Just a suggestion though and completely up to you guys.

Cheers

Barry, I have mentioned the accom issue, and hopefully we'll be able to provide other solutions after the meeting this evening.

Les

Just so you guys know, ESB has been listed as a drop off point at the Lorraine St address, but we moved out of there last year. Any entries being dropped off in the area should instead be brought to The Brew Shop in Peakhurst. We're probably accepting entries at Kirrawee store too, but I'll have to double check on that.

MCHammo said:
Just so you guys know, ESB has been listed as a drop off point at the Lorraine St address, but we moved out of there last year. Any entries being dropped off in the area should instead be brought to The Brew Shop in Peakhurst. We're probably accepting entries at Kirrawee store too, but I'll have to double check on that.
And the Scrambletown store? Also, OT, did u get my message? I tried to send it via the iPhone.

Scrampletown is already listed on the flier as a drop off point, although, with incorrect spelling.

And I did get your message.

boonchu said:
There are no rooms left at potters and according to Charlie from HUB no rooms have been booked for judges / stewards
I just spoke to Potters. They have 10 rooms reserved on behalf of HUB for the Saturday night. I expect the judges and stewards from out of area will receive priority allocation of these rooms.

Hooray. The person I spoke to there had no idea. I will try again tomorrow.

Just to be sure, the judging is Saturday and Sunday. I should be able to book a room there for Sunday night which is good. I think some people thought the judging was Friday and Saturday.

Latest posts

Back