NSW State Comp 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a reason these guys weren't getting the states......

How much for a ticket in the chook raffle?.....what, there isn't one.

Yep this is a joke! Seems they're not to bothered about it either...

While I'm still waiting on details of drop off dates myself. Probably aim for the weekend prior to have your beer delivered, if the other comps are anything to go by. I understand it's frustrating but I'm sure theres a reason for it

Just a practical note, what is the need for judges and stewards, plus possible accommodation? I am looking forward to being a part of the comp but I will need to make arrangements in the near future.

Well I know meads and ciders will be included as I have volunteered to judge and been asked to sponser the mead category.
I asked about accommodation deals and have had no reply

It is now essential to post details about the comp. I, and others, need to know so we can book accommodation if we are going to be part of the judging. Entrants need the forms, etc. 21 days to the comp, and I assume, 14 days to have the entries at drop off points which need to be verified.
I know the work that goes into these comps (the ESB Comp has 86 entries being judged tomorrow) but everyone needs certainty.
If I can help let me know.

I'm not involved in organising the comp, but HUB have their monthly club meeting tonight.
I'll see what I can do to get some news out there, and will post on here what I can.

<rant>

This is getting to be pretty disappointing.

You go to the AABC web page, and for the NSW comp it points to this thread.

Every other state has a web page up with full information about competition details, entry forms, costs, sponsors, categories, prizes etc. And they're all being conducted AFTER the NSW competition.

We're now 3 weeks out from the competition. There's been no official flyer, entry form, or any sort of correspondence to the general public about this competition.

It makes NSW look extremely unprofessional.

This isn't the Hunter Local Homebrewers Competition. It's the damn State comp, it should be advertised far and wide within the NSW homebrewing community, and there's been virtually nothing come out of HUB about it, only the few posts from Dez, warra, Dazz and Barry who are HUB members and attend their meetings.

I understand that this is being run by volunteers who have regular jobs, but if you're not willing to put in the effort required to run a State competition then don't offer to host it.

</rant>

This may sound like mutiny, but would it be possible to appoint Castle Hill Show competition as NSW state comp, too? I'd guess many people were going to submit their beers to both of those, anyway.

My only problem with that one is just that categories in Castle Hill Show comp seem to be too broad (case in point: Belgian beers).

stienberg said:
<rant>

This is getting to be pretty disappointing.

You go to the AABC web page, and for the NSW comp it points to this thread.

Every other state has a web page up with full information about competition details, entry forms, costs, sponsors, categories, prizes etc. And they're all being conducted AFTER the NSW competition.

We're now 3 weeks out from the competition. There's been no official flyer, entry form, or any sort of correspondence to the general public about this competition.

It makes NSW look extremely unprofessional.

This isn't the Hunter Local Homebrewers Competition. It's the damn State comp, it should be advertised far and wide within the NSW homebrewing community, and there's been virtually nothing come out of HUB about it, only the few posts from Dez, warra, Dazz and Barry who are HUB members and attend their meetings.

I understand that this is being run by volunteers who have regular jobs, but if you're not willing to put in the effort required to run a State competition then don't offer to host it.

</rant>
barry is from esb not hub.
as for appointing castle hill to do it you would need to talk to the nsw aaba delegates.

So this can pretty much impact on whether nsw will make even a real appearance at the nationals?

stienberg said:
Semantics - At least he has some inside knowledge of what's happening...
yes 2 hours difference in location.
barry is running the esb comp this weekend. he is asking so he can go and judge.
he might have some knowledge from esb but thats him the rest of us are all in the dark.
personally I'm just entering castle hill after previous incidents with hub and the state comp but thats my prerogative

Yes I am a member of ESB. I know that The Brew Shop was asked to be drop off points and they agreed. They are also providing some sponsorship for the NSW comp.
Apart from that "I know nuuffink!"

barls said:
personally I'm just entering castle hill after previous incidents with hub and the state comp but thats my prerogative
Barls,

Can you elaborate?

Dan

There are no rooms left at potters and according to Charlie from HUB no rooms have been booked for judges / stewards

Latest posts

Back