Nsw Special Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just been informed by SWMBO that we are at a wedding in Singleton on the weekend of the 10th :angry:

May be able to make it there on the 11th depending on time, on the way back to the gong

If not I'll have to rely on beer karma to get the bottles there

Cheers

I must admit I've done nothing yet. I have a brewday planned in Feb, but at the moment my garage is just too hot and stuff.
Anyway I WILL have a AG Dry, or Foreign Extra Stout brewed in time for the swap, even if it's a bit young.
Sorry guys.

Guys,

Due to stuff going on at home and work I might need to pull out of this one, are either of the 2 reserves listed able to step in, if so I'll happily step aside. If not I'll somehow manage to get them done.

thanks

Stu

Spent this arvo weighing up the hops for my IPA...
Hops_012.jpg
Half a kilo will do

Dang! :eek:

I hadn't done the numbers for my IPA. Looks like I'll be needing to order some hops.

Half a Kilo? Lordy! :icon_drool2:

I made the Belgian Tripel yesterday, will get started on the yeast starter for it later tonight. The wheatwine is still in secondary, has a kick like a mule at the moment. I'm thinking it might take some time to mellow.

cheers

grant

Half a Kilo? Lordy! :icon_drool2:
Just happened to have EXACTLY half a kilo of various (12!) NZ hop varieties open in the freezer. Any excuse to empty the freezer will do!

I put down my IPA on Monday. Ive only used 200gms of hops so far. Looks like I might have under done it B) . Gotta start looking at a replacement for my Old Ale.

Just happened to have EXACTLY half a kilo of various (12!) NZ hop varieties open in the freezer. Any excuse to empty the freezer will do!

Belgian Dark Strong is leaping out of the fermenter at the moment. Wyeast 1388 in a 3L starter.

I have a Fruit Salad Pale Ale* in the other fermenter right now. Will be top cropping the Pacman yeast when I get home so that I can brew my IPA with that next week.

* Nelson Sauvin and Citra hopped - Simpsons Pale 95%, CaraRed 5% - OG 1.052 - Pacman

Grain is cracked, hops are measured. Just have to prepare my yeast in time.
Brew day is scheduled for Friday 5th Feb.

Depending on the date I could put up the camper trailer as o'night accomodation for those coming up from down south (or even up the road!!!), make a decent show of it, what ya reckon.

Cheers,

bags not being in the camper trailer with anyone from down south!

We all know that no date will suit all. Where's the wedding Gino? A sunday swap? Maybe even a Saturday night somewhere in Sydney then a Sunday swap?Think outside the square brewers!

ps - am pulling my finger out as we speak - also haven't anything in the fermenter yet!

It looks like I will bottle some IIPA I have here anyway and brewing a Belgian blonde, thinking of the Schelde yeast, this weekend.

Hey Ian

It's in Singleton we usually head up on the friday arvo and stay with my wife's parents

May be able to drop the beers off on the way up an collect on the way back through

Will work it out closer to the date

Cheers

OK then, now it looks like we'll be in Mildura from Easter through to the 10th.

It's a bit earlier but does the 20th March suit better???? You've been riding this show ctk, would be great if you were able to be there.

It's a bit earlier but does the 20th March suit better???? You've been riding this show ctk, would be great if you were able to be there.
I can't promise anything with these dates. But I'll get my case to the location somehow.

Just finished the brewday. My foreign Extra Stout is in the fermenter and trying to chill.

Just finished the brewday. My foreign Extra Stout is in the fermenter and trying to chill.

Friday night brewing rocks :icon_chickcheers: (unless you dont have kids, then you should be out doing stuff). Looking forward to trying your stout, Pete. Just finished my Old Ale II, its in the ice bucket now.

Cheers
Andrew.

IPA List

Just to Update. If you are not in, strike through your name (rather than just delete it)

If the 20th March suits you, say so next to your name.

Member - Beer Name - Style - Alc % - Ready To Drink Date - Other Relevant Info

1. Fatgodzilla YES 20TH MARCH
2. Grantw
3. DiscoStu
4. Stuster
5. Retsamhsam - American IPA
6. Gulpa - American IPA - 6.7% - Wy1272
7. Monkeybusiness
8. Gruntus
9. Cortez The Killer - Hop Rod Rye Clone - Rye IPA - 7%ish - Ready to drink - http://hyperfox.info/allgrain01.htm#72
10. Josh - Imperial IPA
11. Bizier
12. floppinab
13. nifty
14. Muggus - What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted (Jakes Return) NZIPA

BELGIAN List

Member - Beer Name - Style - Alc % - Ready To Drink Date - Other Relevant Info

15. Fatgodzilla YES, 20TH MARCH
16. Grantw
17. DiscoStu
18. Stuster
19. Retsamhsam - Belgian Strong Dark Ale
20. Gulpa - Belgian Strong Dark Ale - 10% - wy1388 - Ready to drink
21. Monkeybusiness
22. Gruntus
23. Cortez The Killer - Devil's Ink - Belgian Imperial Stout - http://hyperfox.info/allgrain01.htm#75
24. Josh - Belgian Dark Strong Ale
25. Bizier
26. floppinab
27. nifty
28. Muggus - Belgian Chocolate Ale '09 - 8.4% - Needs time, will check closer to date.

Back