Nsw Special Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 41 IBU? :p
Will the cube hopping up the bitterness much more?

Thirsty posted an experiment where he had the IBU's measured in a lab. Based on his findings the cube hops should be measured as a 20-25 min addition. That was with regular agitation of the cube while it is cooling down, which I didn't do because it was past midnight when I finished up.

So i'm thinking a 10-15 minute calc would be a fair indicator, which would add another 25-30 IBU's.

You all will be the judges though :icon_cheers:

Ok so my Imperial Brown Ale is in the bottle...yeah I know, it's not a real style, but pale IPA's are boring! :p

Sitting at around 8% alc/vol and easily 160+ IBU, this beer is brutal and might be harmful to your tastebuds, if not your health in general.
Feel free to drink up ASAP, but rest assured you'll be tasting it for week!

Ok so my Imperial Brown Ale is in the bottle...yeah I know, it's not a real style

Does that mean it'll be an unreal beer. Certainly sounds it. :)

I've left this pretty late. English IPA is done and just needs bottling. (Hopefully this weekend.) Belgian Blonde (nearly Golden Strong) is in a cube and the yeast is built up on a batch of Belgian Pale Ale so should be getting that started today so should be ready in time. :ph34r:

Getting close now :icon_chickcheers:

If people haven't brewed their beers yet this weekend is probably your last chance

These big beers need a little while to ferment out

If people could ensure their beers have be updated the wiki - it'd be great to have a definitive list by swap day

Wiki = http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...;showarticle=95

Cheers

Getting close now :icon_chickcheers:

If people haven't brewed their beers yet this weekend is probably your last chance

These big beers need a little while to ferment out

If people could ensure their beers have be updated the wiki - it'd be great to have a definitive list by swap day

Wiki = http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...;showarticle=95

Cheers

I think I'm fine now - the IPA will be bottled this weekend and the Strong ale about next Wednesday. My first effort at post 1.050 strength beer - no award winners here and style guidelines out the window, but both taste fine out of the fermenters - of course a little bottle aging can only improve them!

The tripel is still going - its at 1008 now but its like watching paint dry.

I should ok as well.

IIPA bottled and ready to go, tasted one last week and tastes good, another couple of weeks will do it good.

Dubbel is still in the fermentor, pitched a starter of WLP500 on Monday night and it's dropped from 1.075 to 1.040 this morning, so a bit to go but should make in time.

Bit concerned I may have under pitched though as the airlock activity has slowed right down and it's got a fair way to go. I have a tube of WLP530 in the fridge, if it does stall any reason I can't make starter from this and pitch it in ???

Looking forward to the day.

Cheers

Stuart

Man I am in so much trouble time-wise. Brewed the belgian and throwing it onto a yeast cake on Monday. Hoping that it will ferment out in time.

Can't brew the IPA this weekend cause I'm camping, so that'll be tuesday night. Not so sure about my second crack at the RIS either. It has fermented out nicely but the flavours are not really what I'd expected. I'll taste after the weekend and might have to seek some thoughts.

I have my double batch of Belgian hammering along in the fridge now, my yeast order came a week late. I think I will let it get to room temp to finish right out when fermenting space is needed. I decided to put the IIPA I brewed in November on tap last weekend at my birthday because it has really aged, very pleasant and smooth, but not the calculated 111 IBU monster it was fresh. I reckon with enough healthy yeast, I can get another IIPA done in time.

<with chest puffed out and hands on hips, given the rare level of organisation that has seen my beers in the can well and truely before times>

Geez you blokes, I thought I was bad, you've had like......... 7 months to pull these together, nothing like leaving it till the last minute. :mellow:

All mine are now bottled. Old Ale II went into bottles on Wednesday night so it should be pretty close to ready come swap day. Tasted very nice from the fermenter, suprising close to what I was originally looking for with Old Ale I so Im happy with it.

Cheers
Andrew.

Ahh the joys of doing everything early.... ;)

But yeah, all my brews should be drinkable* on the day of the swap.

* drinkablity debateable.

Sorry guys, I have legitimate excuses :rolleyes: .

Can I say, I have just found the pairing (from a bottle of Sam Smiths) of my IIPA and a home-made lime pickle that an old hippy mate of my mum's made... it is astonishingly good. I mean seriously good.

My Old Ale lager is coming out of the fridge to clean itself up today. 1016...and I'm pretty happy with it. Hope you all like it.

I have bottle the Anzus wheat wine today, does that count as early? I don't think it will be ready for about 12months.
I will be racking the tripel tomorrow.
And Hopefully should get the IPA on the road. The pressure is killing me.....

I had brewed a IIPA and tried to get away with fermenting downstairs. But the heatwave got to me and it is solventy.

So I'm brewing again tonight. Same recipe. Only this time I will have a spare fermenting fridge :beer:

I'll be kegging and bottling from there, so it should be ready to go fresh on the swap day.

Latest posts

Back