Nsw Special Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the second case swap 14 bottles per person from 1 of the styles listed?

As opposed to the first case swap which is 28 bottles - 14 bottles from each main category

Cheers

Yeah that's what I was thinking, unless there are objections. Too much beer and the IBU's might have to take two cars to the swap! :eek:

but the place is yours and I am happy to go in one or both at your discretion.

Bizier, I made the offer and am happy to stick by it. Consider yourself in the first 14. I'm sure I'll be able to wrangle a few spares in a side swap.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, unless there are objections. Too much beer and the IBU's might have to take two cars to the swap! :eek:

Grant's Chinese cycling coach has offered to take our case swaps on his bike as he regularly transports freight around the local area overloaded_bikes_slideshow.jpg

We may decline as one of our sister club's, the Indians Brewers Union is sending their members our way as we speak to undertake a cultural brewing exchange - we can go with them in their bus when we do the swap Indian_bus.jpg

To join us in our international brewing celebration, our african cousins the Ivorycoast Brewers Union are also on the move, bringing their large fermenters - look at the shiny stainless they also use.african_brewers.jpg

Grant's Chinese cycling coach has offered to take our case swaps on his bike as he regularly transports freight around the local area

We may decline as one of our sister club's, the Indians Brewers Union is sending their members our way as we speak to undertake a cultural brewing exchange - we can go with them in their bus when we do the swap

To join us in our international brewing celebration, our african cousins the Ivorycoast Brewers Union are also on the move, bringing their large fermenters - look at the shiny stainless they also use.

funny man :icon_cheers:

That bloke in the first pic there looks like he's off to a Pallet Beer Swap.

That'll be the plan for 2011...

Cool, I am in for both. Thanks Monkeybusiness, I will wrangle something extra for you.

I am very happy with Old Ale for the second... I'll even go brett.

Just to clarify: the first, are we brewing one from each category?

Technically yes, but you only will be swapping 13 bottles (x 2) as one of the 14 is yourself.
Ah yes, good call sir, well played.
I'd feel a bit bad no getting to try a bottle of my own brew though! :(

Apologies in advance if I am wrong but, should it not then be 15 places as one should not have to factor bringing their own beer allocated to themself to the swap? I vote Monkeybusiness back in if he is interested.

ED: meaning we bring a full crate and swap a full crate.

It just makes swap day easier if we can just sort out 14 crates all the same. Certainly possible to do it for 15 though I guess.

I suppose you could number your crate with your beer number to assist with identification and sorting.

Okay, I'm in.

12. STRONG STOUT (>6% ABV)
12.1 Australian Stout/ Foreign Extra Stout
12.2 Russian Imperial Stout

14. STRONG ALE (>6% ABV)
14.1 Old Ale (English Strong Ale)
14.2 Strong Scotch Ale
14.3 English Barley wine
14.4 American Barley wine

1. Monkeybusiness
2. Grantw
3. Cortez The Killer
4. Schooey - RIS
5.Chappo - RIS (send to FatzG to adjudicate no need to returns)
6. Muggus - Any type of BW FTW!
7. Bizier
8. Petesbrew
9. Josh

Okay, I'm in.

14. STRONG ALE (>6% ABV)
14.2 Strong Scotch Ale
14.3 English Barley wine

1. Monkeybusiness
2. Grantw
3. Cortez The Killer
4. Schooey - RIS
7. Bizier
8. Petesbrew
9. Josh
10. Gulpa

Ive waited long enough. Ill probably look at an old ale, been thinking of something along the lines of Fuller's 1845 so I might give it a go.

Apologies in advance if I am wrong but, should it not then be 15 places as one should not have to factor bringing their own beer allocated to themself to the swap? I vote Monkeybusiness back in if he is interested.

ED: meaning we bring a full crate and swap a full crate.

Well its a heart string tugger this 14 / 15 number. There is an advantage in the 14 number that the swap is easier to conduct - we can stack the crates with the same brews and not have to worry whether we have the right case or someone elses. There is also an advantage that you have a bottle of your brew to go back to when the comments come in. It helps in specific circumstances, in past swaps there have been beers that have been called good by some, infected/ over carbed/under carbed/shit by others. Having your case swap beer "alive" enables you to decided whether someone'scomments hold good.

Personally I think most people will probably bring along an extra bottle for MB out of the goodness of their hearts ... buggered if I will .. bloody bleeding heart liberals..bloody dutchmen .. go back to bloody dutchland or where ever you come from .... :rolleyes:

Got a little 5L test batch of this sucker down on the weekend, its a IPA, but depending how it turns out I might up it to a DIPA.

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.078 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.023 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.22 %
Bitterness: 40.9 IBU Calories: 90 cal/l
Est Color: 22.9

Amount Item Type % or IBU
1250.00 gm Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EBC) Grain 75.30 %
150.00 gm Caramalt (Joe White) (49.3 EBC) Grain 9.04 %
100.00 gm Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 6.02 %
100.00 gm Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 6.02 %
60.00 gm Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (118.2 EBC) Grain 3.61 %
6.00 gm Centennial [9.70 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -
6.00 gm Cascade [7.20 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -
4.00 gm Horizon [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 17.9 IBU
4.00 gm Centennial [9.70 %] (60 min) Hops 13.4 IBU
7.00 gm Williamette [4.60 %] (30 min) Hops 8.5 IBU
10.00 gm Cascade [7.20 %] (1 min) Hops 1.1 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs London ESB Ale (Wyeast Labs #1968) Yeast-Ale

Thought it might make a good change from the Pliny clones ;)

14. STRONG ALE (>6% ABV)
14.2 Strong Scotch Ale
14.3 English Barley wine

1. Monkeybusiness
2. Grantw
3. Cortez The Killer
4. Schooey - RIS
7. Bizier
8. Petesbrew - Old Ale (Midson Rd London Ale)
9. Josh
10. Gulpa

I was planning on doing an RIS, but time is getting away from me. I just did a cracker of an Old Ale, so I'll do that one again.

Just tasted my Old ale out of secondary fermentor. Nice. Seems pretty close to what I was looking for. I hope it lasts until easter. Also have the first of my two Belgian strongs (a Kasteel Bier clone, 11%) bubbling away again after adding candi last night.

Anyone else getting their beers down now to get a bit of age on them?

cheers
Andrew.

Back