Nsw Solar Feed-in Tariff To Be Cut To 40c

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of your personal situation Rob. Retrospective legislation is disappointing however it just goes to show how badly costed the original scheme was.......that said I think it will pass and hopefully NSW taxpayers don't have to bankroll the scheme to the same extent as originally feared.

Wow that is really crap reasoning ... a new government decides something different to the previous one so that "...just goes to show how badly costed the original scheme was..."

Do you know what the costings are and what the alternative to solar cost would have been - with everything factored in not just the initial layout cost? If not, then you are just repeating what the politicians in power want you to repeat!

This government is taking a short term view and at the same time are shoving a big stick up the backsides of those people who in good faith participated in a scheme to produce clean electricity for use by everyone!

And you're pushing your own barrow.

Sorry it seems it will effect you so badly but don't pretend you're any more object than everyone else.

Happens all the time around Australia, not just NSW. Wait till they tax LPG gas at the same rate as Petrol, having spent decades spruiking the benefits of gas powered cars. And in any case, pensioners selling power back to the grid will have their pensions reduced up to 60 cents in every dollar, so not a good long term investment for home owners approaching retirement age, and the 40% of Australians who are tenants don't get a look in either. <_< So was it always just a vote grabber for the Labor / Green appealing to middle class voters which really benefited a minority of the population and the incoming Coalition government have decided to reel it in? That seems odd for a right wing mob, but I don't pretend to be an expert on NSW politics.

How long did anyone think you could get 60 cents for the power you produce, when they only sell it on for about 10 cents?

Whilst I'm sorry to read about individuals feeling slighted, the economics of the solar feed in scheme could never be sustained in the long term at a rate of 60 cents, or even 40 cents.

How can the power producers pay more in subsidies than they sell it on for? The money must come from somewhere. The subsidies can only come from limited sources, such as deferred capital investment in power production, tax payers generally, or from increased prices from consumers particularly those who don't have solar production.

And you're pushing your own barrow.

Sorry it seems it will effect you so badly but don't pretend you're any more object than everyone else.
Uh...I'm sure I meant to type "objective".

In sa the cut of date for high fit rate is 1/10/11 and u have to have etsa approval by then and the high fit is locked in for 20 years but then the grid power maybee 3 times that amount glad im getting my system installed next month

Latest posts

Back