Not new but a bit about me

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsupraboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, never officially introduced myself.

Been loving this forum, lots of friendly and helpful people. I've been on many different forums and you guys r gents and ladies compared to other ones.

A little about me . My name's Scott n i live western sydney and I'm a tradesperson. In December I recently picked this hobby up when I convinced the gfs dad to show me the ropes and loved it.

His experience was many years of brewing kits but nothing to exciting so I ventured from his bottling days to kegging. I then ventured into kit and extract then I've don't 2 all grains. Total of 10 brews.

So keen to learn and and the quicker the better.

If there are any brew days that people don't mind a hand with or happy to teach me. Let us no as I would really appreciate it and looking to make better beer.

Hi! I'm sure you'll get a few invites off some from the local brewers in your area when they see your post. It's great your enjoying the hobby and keen to learn more, maybe you'll be able too drag your gfs dad along with you down the all grain path :)

Cheers

Between Campbelltown, Windsor and chatswood. Bit of a story but basically misses lives Windsor, mainly work in chatswood and live in Campbelltown

Yeh I no a fridgiy elec guy also an he said same may not be worth fixing guy I bought my thermo off to convert freezer also said same wit fridge stuff parts are expensive/time to repair cheaper to buy another used or a new one..!! Tho I may ask questions when I'm not sure but :) so I take it u have set up a good build..?

Got a mate who is a fridgie......I dont ask silly questions about "is my fridge fixable"

But..as a Comms tech....I dont dont care anymore about if I can fix your internet....

wogdog said:
Yeh I no a fridgiy elec guy also an he said same may not be worth fixing guy I bought my thermo off to convert freezer also said same wit fridge stuff parts are expensive/time to repair cheaper to buy another used or a new one..!! Tho I may ask questions when I'm not sure but :) so I take it u have set up a good build..?
Yeah mate. Problem is the parts are expensive. Sometimes just loose cables. I converted my freezer I had laying in storage into a fridge. Stc1000 tho

I'm currently looking at a greener way of using the fridge so when it needs to cool and the outside temp is colder then the inside the fridge opens or has a dampner that opens and once reaches temp closes. I could program myself a little management system and maybe use motorised struts to open the fridge N close it. I no probably a bit over kill but that's a thought to save a bit of power

Ducatiboy stu said:
A fridgie..

Your gunna regret mentioning that :)
LoL. In Sydney… Damn.

PS Ducatiboy stu - Just finished entering your Pillar of Stout (sorta) into BrewSmith. It's probably online already but I tweaked to suit my malts. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back