New Member from SEQ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewLizard

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been reading now for a month or two – what a great forum! I find that if I google anything with "site:aussiehomebrewer.com", I get some amazing discussions and tips from you guys, so thanks a lot!

About me: I'm fairly new to homebrew, other than helping my dad make (and pour out) disappointing kit+kilo kits many moons ago (before I drank beer). I've just started out with small 5L batches of all grain, but I'm about to get into some bigger ~10L batches of extract + steeped/partial mashed recipes.

I hope I can contribute more as time goes on, but one thing I've learned so far, is that I dislike auto-siphons after pumping one lot of beer full of air and having to end up pouring yeast and all from carboy to bottle. :|
What I've found works really well instead, is a T-piece siphon, ala FlyGuy, but with a 60 mL syringe on the side arm of the T-piece instead of sucking on the siphon. Starts beautifully, no pumping, no clamping off, no backflow of yuckiness into the beer, and easier to clean.

Back