Northdown Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joel said:
So, Northdown can be used for bittering and also for aroma/flavour?

I've been using mainly Northern Brewer for bittering, how do the two compare?
[post="113979"][/post]​

Joel.

At around 7% AAU they're perfectly fine for bittering. Great all-round hop. :beerbang:

I've got Scottish 70' in the fermenter at the moment that's 100% Northdown. :)

Warren -

I guess I'll just have to make a brew with them! I really like the bitterness I've got from Northern Brewer in the past. I haven't experienced too many hops yet and I've found that the descriptions aren't descriptive enough, so I'm trying to get a feel for what Northdown may be like based on limited experience... I like the spicy/earthy type bitterness and flavour. I've found I have to be sparing with hops like EKG as the flowery/sweet hop flavour can be a bit off putting, but not too bad in small amounts (comes from my Aussie beer trained palate...).

They are a finer, floral type aroma but the best way to find out is try them in a brew.

what have you got to loose ?

cheers

Tony said:
They are a finer, floral type aroma but the best way to find out is try them in a brew.

what have you got to loose ?

cheers
[post="114050"][/post]​
Tony

I have made your Special Bitter recipe using the Northdown hop for both bittering and dry hoping. I've just bottled it today and, from just trying the wort, WOW am I in for a fantastic beer!!!

Thank you Tony.

Cheers

Steve

:D

another happy customer

Just finnished a bottle myself.

not bad at all :)

It has an aroma that i have never got with any other hop and i have tried most of em.

It can only be described as "Sweet floral, fresh and crisp"

cheers

Hey Tony

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Steve

Latest posts

Back