No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't feel like being unkind.

Depression is a ******* to beat too. Blame the no-touch attitudes of parents and public for breeding a generation of lost causes. ******* bogans.

With the popularity of jelly shots at parties, I wonder why none of the alcopop makers haven't tried getting pre made ones into the bottlos

I thought you could buy pre-made jelly shots at bottles shops?

Maybe it's only those CSC/Midori/etc shots that are sold..

Just got diagnosed with moderate-acute carpel tunnel. Sister in law asked if it was caused by brewing.LOL. More like drinking!

petesbrew said:
Just got diagnosed with moderate-acute carpel tunnel. Sister in law asked if it was caused by brewing.LOL. More like drinking!
Alcohol doesn't help that condition.
If it gets really bad a day or two off the booze might provide you with some surprising relief.

Surgery

252916-old-rusty-knife.jpg

Profound moment with a red back today.

Kids toys, trucks, diggers, cranes are always a nice home to red backs at our place. Just out of curiosty today I turned over one of their dumper trucks and there it was a big bad black red back sitting hiding near the wheel arch. Without thinking I thought I'll get the little f(*&cker and chucked the truck immediately into my HLT to drown it. (Id just finished a brew and had re-cycled my chilling water into my HLT in case you were wondering). Anyways I stood watching for about 3-4 seconds and then out he came from his little hide out. Unfortunately for him he was under 10 litres of water. Legs splayed out, trying to swim. It was like he was in space, helplessly floating around getting know where looking straight up at me. After a few of seconds he stopped trying to swim. That's when I felt like an arsehole. I thought....ive killed it for no reason. What an arsehole am I to do that. He was now all curled up in a ball, not moving. The guilts for the better of me at this point so I got a stick to try and fish him out. I poked him and he moved. To my elation he moved. Hes not dead, great. I'll save him. I got the stick under him and with a flick he was up and out of the water running up the stick towards my fingers with his big red backed abdomen flashing huge warning signals. I dropped the stick and stood on him with a quick twist of my boot. Bizarre. End of.

Dave, dave its me, Dave open up maaaaan

Steve said:
Profound moment with a red back today.

Kids toys, trucks, diggers, cranes are always a nice home to red backs at our place. Just out of curiosty today I turned over one of their dumper trucks and there it was a big bad black red back sitting hiding near the wheel arch. Without thinking I thought I'll get the little f(*&cker and chucked the truck immediately into my HLT to drown it. (Id just finished a brew and had re-cycled my chilling water into my HLT in case you were wondering). Anyways I stood watching for about 3-4 seconds and then out he came from his little hide out. Unfortunately for him he was under 10 litres of water. Legs splayed out, trying to swim. It was like he was in space, helplessly floating around getting know where looking straight up at me. After a few of seconds he stopped trying to swim. That's when I felt like an arsehole. I thought....ive killed it for no reason. What an arsehole am I to do that. He was now all curled up in a ball, not moving. The guilts for the better of me at this point so I got a stick to try and fish him out. I poked him and he moved. To my elation he moved. Hes not dead, great. I'll save him. I got the stick under him and with a flick he was up and out of the water running up the stick towards my fingers with his big red backed abdomen flashing huge warning signals. I dropped the stick and stood on him with a quick twist of my boot. Bizarre. End of.
Don't beat yourself up about it, he's gone to a better place with a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

He's been touched by the noodly appendage.

She. Big, black/red, venomous redbacks are always she.
They also rarely bite unless aggressively provoked or their nest is threatened.
Enjoyed the story nonetheless, Steve.

Brewing in the new shed!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!

On the down side, I haven't gotten the hang of my new mash esky so I'm 5 points low in the gravity. Oh well.

The day just gets better.... just cooked a standing rib of beef with roast veges. Mustard and horseradish....mmmmm... Really nice bottle of red to go with it. The missus has made chocolate pudding. And I just opened a bottle of artisanal, small batch Irish whisky that the kids got me for Father's day.

Life = good.

Back