No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, you need a kitchen for that.

Played golf this morning in the usual Thursday competition at Wauchope Country Club.
Finished the first nine holes.
Moved to the next hole, pulled out the driver, teed up my ball, and swung as usual.
The ball finished 1 metre back from my tee. Didn't hit a tree or anything else, it just moved back 1 metre or so.

I'm now known at the club as their best trick shot expert.

Just mashed in for the first time in about 5 months. Bloody bewdy.

Checked the leftovers for brekkie this morning, I had some (Potato and Cauliflower Curry) and some (curried chickpeas in a tomato sauce) so I combined the two and they went together spectacularly. This will be my house curry now as a perfect foil to Vindaloo and Madras styles.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm hoping to follow your lead this weekend after nearly 12 months!
I bottled a cider that I made in february on tuesday night I had to pitch a new yeast so I could bottle condition. Will be interesting to see how it turns out in a few weeks...

I'm hoping to follow your lead this weekend after nearly 12 months!
I bottled a cider that I made in february on tuesday night I had to pitch a new yeast so I could bottle condition. Will be interesting to see how it turns out in a few weeks...

I was trialling a few new bits and pieces...basically went to BIAB. Forgot the yeast nutrient, forgot the whirlfloc...but the kolsch I'm drinking is good, the sun is out, good tunes cranking.

I actually shaved an hour of 'fannying about' off the brew day which is always nice.

I hope your re-introduction to everything goes as well as, if not better than, mine! :beer:

Yeast nutrient.

Feck I'd forgotten all about that - I think I've got some somewhere....

Initial pouring of my first keg ever yesterday, a Bohemian Pilsner.
A bit undercarbed (I'll sort that out in time), but wonderful.

1 beer in the pool turned into 5 way too easily.
This Summer is going to be a great one!

Yay

broke_service_station.jpg

Bloody hell. Just racking a beer to secondary to clear out, pushed in the airlock and the bloody grommet pushed through.
Nope it didn't float.
:angry:

If you've got everything sanitised then it shouldn't matter a stuff. Just bung a sanitised shotglass or something over the hole.

If you've got everything sanitised then it shouldn't matter a stuff. Just bung a sanitised shotglass or something over the hole.
Just used my new racking hose, bought that morning after SWMBO threw my son's pisswet shorts on my old racking hose, which I'd carefully laid in the laundry tub.

Smashed out a saison on Friday just gone, after the bulk buy pickup yesterday I got a little sloshy last night and was so excited about how young some of my smack packs were (Nov 13), that I smacked the wy3711...so...smashing out another saison today!!!

...so that's gone some way to making up for all those months of faffing about with bits and pieces (I have a sneaking suspicion as I drink some of the experiments from the last few months that the 'partials' that were a can of hopped coopers extract plus a 3kg stovetop mash of grain are actually better than the FWKs that I did...time will tell on that one).

The kids'are hooked on The Lorax. playing for the 6th time in 2 days.
At least it's funny.

Back