No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year, when I began the IT degree I'm currently doing, I honestly did not expect to be sitting here today writing an assignment crticially comparing Relativistism, Utilitarianism and Deontology.

This morning, when I sat down to start said assignment, I honestly did not expect to be sitting here now complaining that I hate it. Really? 700 word limit? I've barely got room to define them in 700 words, let alone say anything remotely probing about them. This is really frustrating.

Deontologist say "That thing bad. Do not do. Me no care about context."

Do what a psychiatry student did at one time, in response to the question: Define confidence.
He wrote only one word: This.

Soundwave lineup is mildly exciting.

Really? I'd maybe leave the house for Slayer and Red Fang.

Maybe.

Really? I'd maybe leave the house for Slayer and Red Fang.

Maybe.

What about Hot Snakes @ Meridith? There must be a little bit of excitement happening for you there......

You have no idea how much hate I have in my heart for all my favourite bands breaking up for 5 years then coming back for the money (without even having the decency to put out any new material).

Yeah, how dare they reform and give enjoyment to others.
****, I'd prefer it if some bands just came back to do older material.

Just for Bum, because he's a miserable old grump.

The 'Gurge: I Like Their Old Stuff Better Than Their New Stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact they haven't recorded anything new does seem a bit lazy considering their pedigree (surely there's no lack of ideas there) but they're an act I think isn't sitting back getting fat on royalties. I won't begrudge them my $. I won't watch a Misfits (well, once after Dez Cadena joined, they were always gonna do six pack after that.....It wasn't worth it) or Dead Kennedys show on principle so know where you're coming from.

I now present, without comment, a question just posed to me but a Dutch lady from the internet:

"Do you put beer on your fries in Aussie?"

So, swmbo is (attempting to) making Tacos for dinner

First off, she went to the cupboard to get the taco sauce and I hear a "GOD DAMN IT". Turns out she got salsa instead of sauce (not the 1st time shes done this btw). I don't mind it with salsa, but she refuses to eat it.

Then, she went and got the taco shells out, opens the box and 6 out of 8 are smashed to pieces (way to broken to use). She managed to find a tortilla in the cupbaord aswell, so decided i could have the 2 shells and tortilla for dinner (not really enough - but there isn't anything else in the cupboard).

5 minutes later, the buzzer on the oven goes off. She opens the oven and there are two completely black, burnt to a crisp, taco shells stairing her in the face.

She's currently up at the shops....

......getting takeaway???

stupidly no - she came back home with another box of shells and another pack of mince to try again.

an then decided she didn't feel like tacos any more, so she didn't have dinner. <_<

stupidly no - she came back home with another box of shells and another pack of mince to try again.

an then decided she didn't feel like tacos any more, so she didn't have dinner. <_<

Could've just made nachos.

I now present, without comment, a question just posed to me but a Dutch lady from the internet:

"Do you put beer on your fries in Aussie?"

The Dutch apply mayonnaise to their fries, so they have a pretty freewheeling attitude toward condiments. They really do. Not just cos Vincent Vega said it.

Aioli, I could see that. KRAFT, not so much.

Tooth extracted last week and the current pain is indicating the clot has come out. Farkin shoot me now.

The Dutch apply mayonnaise to their fries, so they have a pretty freewheeling attitude toward condiments. They really do. Not just cos Vincent Vega said it.

The Dutch certainly do, and I still do it now, even years after moving from there.
With fish and chips in restaurants & cafes I'll happily dip the chips in the Tartare sauce.

Yummy.

The Dutch certainly do, and I still do it now, even years after moving from there.
With fish and chips in restaurants & cafes I'll happily dip the chips in the Tartare sauce.

Yummy.

Mayo I haven't had as much success with, but chips in tartare... delicious.

I'll always be a chicken salt man though. Nothing beats the artificial flavourings of something that doesnt taste remotely like chicken...

Yummy.

Curry saus and mayo on the side to dunk your chips in Warra?
Currysauce.jpg

http://www.helafood.eu/en/24/kat:33/art:40...tchup-mild.html

Aioli, I could see that. KRAFT, not so much.

A good egg mayonnaise, absolutely. Not that artificial crap you get at the supermarket. That stuff is just nasty. On anything.

But a good egg mayo (throw a bit of mustard in as a special treat), or as you say, aoili. Yum.

Latest posts

Back