No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOH!
went to keg 40L of my king amber last night......first infection due to dry hopping :(

:icon_vomit:
IMG_0376.jpgIMG_0377.jpg

(it has to be dry hopping as all was good and well in my fermentor before i dry hopped it).

edit: oh the chunky green stuff is th hops free floating.

Ewww, that looks shithouse. My deepest sympathies

its not that bad. the green hops make it look worse. the infection is just the whilte stuff and film. I think its Acetobacteria or Pediococcus. although ive got nfi where id get Pediococcus from, so its probably aceto.

luckly i tasted the beer and its ok. i slowly drained off about 30L and chucked the top 10L. it should be ok. i hope. i need this beer as my stocks are pittiful.

I have ingredients for three batch's, but I can't remember 2 of them or where I got them from. I know one is Citra APA from the recipe DB, so that's cool. From the ingredients I ordered I'd say one is deffinatly a stout (Black malt, brown malt, choc malt, EKG), the other I don't know :huh: F**k I hate it when that happens, all G'd up when ordering and knowing what I'm brewing, then don't bother to write down anything. I'll be going through all my brewing books now to see if I can jog the memory :rolleyes:

its not that bad. the green hops make it look worse. the infection is just the whilte stuff and film. I think its Acetobacteria or Pediococcus. although ive got nfi where id get Pediococcus from, so its probably aceto.

luckly i tasted the beer and its ok. i slowly drained off about 30L and chucked the top 10L. it should be ok. i hope. i need this beer as my stocks are pittiful.
Always worth a try.

Got home, opened the first book, Clonebrews. There's this bit of paper in the front with the recipes written down. Awesome

I really should go out and mow the lawn, but I can't be fucked so I'm just going to stay in and play Wii Mariocart on the wi-fi

special ahb'er (quinterx) popping in for dinner tonight crickey have we got a dinner lined up! all will be reaveled! :kooi:

special ahb'er (quinterx) popping in for dinner tonight crickey have we got a dinner lined up! all will be reaveled! :kooi:
Can't wait to see the spread on the 'what's on your table' thread mate

:( forgot to take photo's. started of with homemade bruschetta then main had pork belly with roast veg and salad, cheese, port and fruit to round it all off. i have a sore head today.

which ******* just stole the last packet of belgian abbeyII from CB!? between adding it to my cart and placing the order someone beat me to it. bastards! ;P

oh and its probably the same person that got the last pack of CB Wheat yeast also. bugger,

which ******* just stole the last packet of belgian abbeyII from CB!? between adding it to my cart and placing the order someone beat me to it. bastards! ;P

oh and its probably the same person that got the last pack of CB Wheat yeast also. bugger,

looks like somone is going for a drive to G&G on the weekend!

First brewday with my new brewery tomorrow.

Pretty stoked.

Back