No-chill Cube Lookout Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losp

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just wanted to make a thread where people can post current specials on these overpriced cubes. If anyone knows any current specials or has picked one up recently for a good price. It would be great to know.
Cheers.

Hello All,
I just wanted to make a thread where people can post current specials on these overpriced cubes. If anyone knows any current specials or has picked one up recently for a good price. It would be great to know.
Cheers.

You need to post your location,it's not much good if a special is in Perth and your in Brisbane.

Batz

I'm yet to spot anything cheaper than the "20L" (more like 24L) jerries at Bunnings, @ $18-19.

You need to post your location,it's not much good if a special is in Perth and your in Brisbane.

Batz

This thread wasn't meant for only me... just for people to post what they saw, and if it helps anyone, then it helps. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Anyway, i live in Sunny Melbourne.

The camping / army surplus store in Bundy has 25L cube shaped ones for 16.95. They seem to seal really well.

QldKev

Hello All,
Cheers.

Paramount Browns on Cavan Rd in Adelaide have used 20L cubes for $5 a piece. Dirty on the outside, clean on the inside and they scrub up well. Used one for a no-chill last weekend.

Garganis Brothers in Hindmarsh have new ones for around $12.

I get mine from the back of our pub..North Nowra...
Fish n Chip Shop....COST...Nuffin..... :icon_cheers:
Try your way
Cheers
PJ..
I have spares.... :icon_chickcheers:

Slightly :icon_offtopic: & sorry for the partial highjack losp. :icon_cheers:
I am considering the occasional no-chill when I'm pushed for time.
I do 22.5 litre batches & need to know the best sized food-grade jerrycan (Those little narrow buggers) that would leave me the minium amount of air space to squeeze & of course, the cheapest place to obtain them in the Sunshine coast area.

TP

well another way to get cheap cubes is if you go to your local butcher and ask him, i am a butcher and we get all our cleaners and sterilisers etc in cubes,after we finish them we generally give them to people who are after them, now in saying that i dont know about going in and just asking the butcher for free cubes if you dont actually shop there, loyalty these days has all but disapeared but if you shop at your local butcher ask him, that loyalty to him instead of shopping at the local supermarkets will pay dividends,i am sure he will be able to give you one or save one for you.
fergi

Slightly :icon_offtopic: & sorry for the partial highjack losp. :icon_cheers:
I am considering the occasional no-chill when I'm pushed for time.
I do 22.5 litre batches & need to know the best sized food-grade jerrycan (Those little narrow buggers) that would leave me the minium amount of air space to squeeze & of course, the cheapest place to obtain them in the Sunshine coast area.

TP

I reckon the willow ones from bunnings are the go TP - or equivalent if someone knows a secret source. Mkae sure you leave em sit with hot water in / or out in the sun etc etc so that any plasticy smell goes away (occasional people have noticed it in the willow cubes) and then they are robust and hold 22-24L with minimal air gap and little squeezing required.

For Melbourne people ... talk to the G&G folks nicely. I was chucking away some stuff after the demo the other day and had to put ti on top of two 17L cubes that were obviously ex-wort kit containers. I dont know for sure, but I reckon they would just give you any used ones they had lying around??

Latest posts

Back