Nnl Fresh Wort Packs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyatt_girth

Reaction score
Heya,
Just wondering if anyone has tried the NNL fresh wort packs, specifically the 'Sparkling Blonde'. Are these good to go as is? or should I add extra hops? I have never used one before but have picked one up as an easy-pleaser for my first keg fill.
thanks
wyatt

I haven't used a fresh wort kit yet but I'm picking up one on Monday to give a try (a Lager, something to have ready in Spring).

No reviews of the sparking on hbkitreviews.com, but if it's like most of the others it'll be a very nice drop. If you're looking for an easy-pleaser I'd say just add water and the yeast. For a bit more flavour and strength, just don't add quite as much water as the instructions say. You'll also then have a good benchmark for what to add if there are additional items required.

Heya,
Just wondering if anyone has tried the NNL fresh wort packs, specifically the 'Sparkling Blonde'. Are these good to go as is? or should I add extra hops? I have never used one before but have picked one up as an easy-pleaser for my first keg fill.
thanks
wyatt

I've used most if not all of the nnl stuff. The blonde a few times with US56 (05). I make up to 20litres for kegging and add some dme to get it to 5% abv unless my gravity machine is reading wrong. Buy one you wont be dissapointed. An easy way to make beer

daniel

Heya,
thanks
wyatt

Hi Wyatt,

As another 1/3rd of NNL (or 90% based on mass) I think that I can help.

The Sparkling Blonde is an English Bitter style and we take a lot of care in the brewery to make sure that they are exactly as the label says - make the kit up to 23 litres and you will get 4.5% alcohol and a nice bitterness and hop flavour. Cut the water back a litre or two and you will get a 5% beer with more bitterness. No water will give you more than 6% and a beer that attacks your legs (ie you will have trouble walking after a few).

The Draught is closer to Cooper Pale Ale and you can use some extra hops if you want something other than Pride of Ringwood.

It is pretty hard to get any more flavour into the Amber and Bohemian Lager - but you are welcome to try :D

We will be making a batch of Black ( a Porter style) in the next week so your local HB store can get some of them if that is what you like.

HTH, but happy to add more info if it helps.

Dave
(Newcastle NNL Office)

Thanks for the responses. Will give it a run as is and to 23L and use that as a guide for future reference if I have another lash at it.
Cheers

Back