Next Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not looking good for me at this stage, bloody defense contractors. i find out tomorrow if im required at work but if i cant make it, can i still get a cube ive got a couple of spares here that i can drop off to someone or swap for one of theirs if they so wish.

its not looking good for me at this stage, bloody defense contractors. i find out tomorrow if im required at work but if i cant make it, can i still get a cube ive got a couple of spares here that i can drop off to someone or swap for one of theirs if they so wish.

I've got an extra cube I can take along on the day, barls, and you can drop one off when you come and collect it. Might save some running about.

I've got an extra cube I can take along on the day, barls, and you can drop one off when you come and collect it. Might save some running about.
cheers stu ill trade you a brand new one when i can get out to pick it up. i scored about 6 so far from work all they had distilled water in them. im not going to make it and i had a couple of bottles of happy goblin to bring and all. im sailing at the end of the month and wont be back till december so ill bring the corked golden ales next time

ANother great communal brew day, thanks to Phill for hosting and Stu for organising the raw materials.
Wort is happily bubling away in my garage.

Well after seeing phils hop plants and dissing them and talking my ones up I thought I better put some pics up.

The fence before the lattice is 6foot tall.

Overall shot of cluster
cluster2.jpg

Bottom
cluster3.jpg

And the bine that has almost reached 6foot in height
cluster1.jpg

And this is the wertemburger that has only thrown up one bine.
wertemburger.jpg

Hey just a thanks for having me as a 'ring-in' on Sat guys !
Good to me yawl.
OldBugman, i will post my hop pics when they look half as good as your do !, I used Sea-Sol as you suggested on Sunday, so look out... :D I recon we could have a hop vine of the year award on ahb, what ya recon ?!!

Cheers
Garry
HBW

im pissed i missed it but im glad everyone had fun and ill catch you all next time hopefully

Hmmmmmmmmm,

Glad to see some of those hops going well.

For some rediculous reason I took the................... advice of someone and cut back the shoots that popped out during September, expecting to see some more this month. Sadly to say I'm still waiting....... apart from one shoot that I missed on the Hallertau that is going pretty well!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

thanks for letting me join your brew day on Saturday and the cube of brew, had a great day!
Brew is bubbling away happily.....

Prost!

Man that is a choclatey brew! Didn't think that ammount of choc malt would have such an influence besides colour. Had a whiff and sample from the fermenter yesterday, decided to drop a cascade plug in there to raise the hop aroma, can't wait to keg this baby!

Man that is a choclatey brew! Didn't think that ammount of choc malt would have such an influence besides colour. Had a whiff and sample from the fermenter yesterday, decided to drop a cascade plug in there to raise the hop aroma, can't wait to keg this baby!

It sure it. Hoppy too though. I might dry hop it a bit as well. Maybe with some Centennial as I've no Cascade ATM. The sample I tasted was good though. :icon_drool2:

I'm gunna put my one down to ferment tonight.

Hop bine is up to 8foot now.

I'm gunna put my one down to ferment tonight.

Hop bine is up to 8foot now.

Geez... steroids?

Gotta put some Seasol or something on mine and get them into the full sun, they're only at 2 foot :(

grew from 6foot to 8 foot in 1 week

it is now 1 foot above the fence, so I expect it to turn ack down and start spreading along the trellis.

Back