Newdie from Sale Victoria - please help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawdy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am newbie at this homebrewing, but I love it so far. I live in Sale Victoria, would be interested to know if there are any other homebrewers in my area. I have made 3 batches of beer so far, 2 coopers and one stellar artoir type and have been please with the results so far, the stellar was particularly good, the two coopers were not the best beer I have ever tasted, but they were far from the worst. I also did a batch of apple cider which I am drinking now. I can t wait to try some of the other recipes out there, so many beers, so little time.

I have just bottled my 4th batch, a cascade porter, but I think something has gone wrong with it. I started it on the 6th of June, had a SG of only 1030. Been fermenting at about 18 degrees, reached a SG of 1014 after about 2 weeks and seemed to stop, so I upped the temp to 25 degrees and been at the same SG for over a week, so I bottled it tonight. When I cleaned out the fermenter I noticed that it was not as dirty/sedimented or as "crusty" around the top as my previous batches.

Any ideas, should I have let it go longer, re pitched a fresh batch of yeast?

Any suggestions welcome.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back