Newbie Coopers Lager Dry Hop?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtiandiybeer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to homebrew and the forums and am trying out the Cooper's lager kit that came with my new fermentor.

It is currently at day 5 of fermentation with the following recipe:

1 x Cooper's Lager Can Kit
Cooper's Brew Enhancer 1
Safale US-05

My question is, has anyone carried out any dry hopping to the lager kit in this style before and seen any major improvements in taste/aroma?

I haven't done that lager kit in particular but as you are fermenting the kit with an ale yeast ,you are making an ale and I have dry hopped plenty of those .

do you have a brew fridge to cold crash ? If not you will want to bag the pellets or buy those tea bag finishing hops which are pricey for how much you get

Thanks Mongey, I don’t have the setup to cold crash just yet. Good to know I’m making an ale and not a lager :p

You could def Chuck in some Of any of the C hops ,centennial , citra , cascade or some mosaic pretty safely I’d say for some aroma

But personally I wouldn’t chuck pellets in loose as it needs crashing to help settle them out for bottling .

You could def Chuck in some Of any of the C hops ,centennial , citra , cascade or some mosaic pretty safely I’d say for some aroma

But personally I wouldn’t chuck pellets in loose as it needs crashing to help settle them out for bottling .

I haven't done that lager kit in particular but as you are fermenting the kit with an ale yeast ,you are making an ale and I have dry hopped plenty of those .

do you have a brew fridge to cold crash ? If not you will want to bag the pellets or buy those tea bag finishing hops which are pricey for how much you get

How many grams would you guys recommend?

depends what you like. 50 would be enough to make a difference without being crazy

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for the help. I’ve just opened my first bottle. I added .50 of mosaic hops and I’m really happy with the result (for a first batch)
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back