NewB Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MightyMash

Reaction score
Hi, been lurking for a while and decided to join up.

I am new to brewing not new to making booze, I have been running a still for about 3 years now and am about to break into doing all grain mashes for whiskey.

I also plan on reconfiguring my distillery to allow for all grain beer brewing, and using spent grains for sugarhead whiskeys etc.

I have enjoyed the learning curve so far and hope to gain a lot more knowledge in my time here.

:beer:

Hey MightyMash,

Welcome to AHB, hope you find all the information you need and much more for brewing.

Just a MOD message - AHB rules don't allow the discussing of distillation, owing to its questionable legality (I'm an accountant, I know the fine print regarding still registration, still size, excise registration and the like). More than happy to share as much as possible about beer brewing and your equipment, but please don't discuss anything distillation-wise.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. You will find plenty of helpful advice here if needed.

Just as a heads up, AHB does not allow discussion of anything to do with distilling, as it is apparently illegal to distill without a licence in Australia.
We'd be happy to hear anything brewing related, or anything else in the appropriate threads.

Hey GrumpyPaul,

That joke is not about accountants, but about actuaries.

The joke is this:
Question: How you recognise an actuary?
Answer: Look for a fellow (or girl to be politically correct) who wanted to be an accountant but didn't have the personality.

I did claims and legal work in insurance for 40 years, so have had lots of dealings with each of them!

GrumpyPaul said:
LRG - no way? really? but I thought you had a personality.....
Actually I'm an auditor (and have been for the last 4 or so years).

That's the thing, anyone who meets me and eventually it comes up 'what do you do for work?' and I tell them, the response is almost always "I thought that all accountants had no personality" or "dude, you don't strike me as an accountant".

But you go to an accountants' shindig (called a tax seminar or NTAA seminar), and yep - the stereotypes do sometimes hold true. I'll have to insert an accountant joke in the jokes thread.

<pendantic="accountant...auditor, where personality=0, elseif daytime in office >=18hours">
Anywho, we should be welcoming the NewB. </pedantic> :lol:

Duly noted fellas. You won't hear another peep outta me still-wise, it is a brewing forum after all ;)

GrumpyPaul said:
LRG - no way? really? but I thought you had a personality.....
Nah, Ive met him, definitely an accountant.
LB

Latest posts

Back