New Toy Drum Smoker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fired up the smoker and dehydrator for some jerky and ribs.

jerky1.JPG
Sliced topside in a soy marinade

jerky2.JPG
into the dehydrator for 12 hrs

ribs1.JPG
ribs with a dry rub into the smoker for 3hrs.

ribs2.JPG
charring them up with a BBQ sauce/honey mix on the grill.

ribs3.JPG
the finished product

beers.JPG
refreshements for the cook

cheers

Browndog

Yeah, when you are making jerky I don't think you can beat them as they are designed to dehydrate food not smoke it. Its a 10 shelf job that can hold about 3kg of wet meat.

Had to get on the bandwagon here is my spit roaster / smoker / grill

Spit BBQ 6.jpg

I have started my drum smoker build but I need some pipe for inlets and outlets. My drum has a standard bung down bottom(stainless ex honey drum) i want that as inlet and a 2" exhaust up top. I see on america lots people by a pre threaded pipe and it screws straight in any ideas where to buy this have tried my local metal supplier but theirs is all rural galvanised fence stuff. Also looking for something to make charcoal basket does it have to be mesh or could it be a well ventilated steel pot or bucket?

I have started my drum smoker build but I need some pipe for inlets and outlets. My drum has a standard bung down bottom(stainless ex honey drum) i want that as inlet and a 2" exhaust up top. I see on america lots people by a pre threaded pipe and it screws straight in any ideas where to buy this have tried my local metal supplier but theirs is all rural galvanised fence stuff. Also looking for something to make charcoal basket does it have to be mesh or could it be a well ventilated steel pot or bucket?
You're not heating the inlet/outlet very much, so galv isn't a problem
I'm surprised they don't have that stuff in black steel, though

Latest posts

Back