New To Beersmith Need A Mash Question Answered.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicelore

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Well iv just started using beer smith and have been busy imputting some reciepes into the software iv found here on the DB.

got this comming up on my newly created recipies that i think might be effecting water Qtys.

Can you guys tell me what iv got set wrong..

Cheers Guys.

View attachment mash_question.bmp

click details[next to mash profile] and set mash tun temp to about 70C, then click ok, then check the "adj temp for equip" box next to mash profile should do it :party:

Seemed to fix it mate.

Is that the initial temp of the Mash tun before douh in ?? i would think 25 would be more likley ?? or dosent it matter.

Cheers anyway man.

Another one for you guys. when im keying in recipies found on here allot of the grains listed arnt in BS. Do you guys just add the grain 1st using all the info you can find on it then create the recipie with the newly added grain ??

Thanks again guys.

click details[next to mash profile] and set mash tun temp to about 70C, then click ok, then check the "adj temp for equip" box next to mash profile should do it :party:

Don't know if I would set it to 70 :lol:

Basically this is the temp of your mashtun prior to adding strike water. In the equipment settings for your brewing equipment there is a way to allow for heat absorbtion of your mashtun by selecting the type of material it is constructed from, thus setting the specific heat loss for a particular material. The temperature of your strike water is then calculated by Beersmith using this setting and the ambient temp (if you have the Adjust For Equipment box ticked in the Mash Profile group on your recipe) that you have set for the temp of your tun on brewday.

Cheers,

Screwy

Back