New to all grain brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashing

Reaction score
Hi all my name is nath brewed with kits years ago just getting back into it but stepped it up to all grain I have an apa in fermenter now but looking for Brewers in the Illawarra area to bounce ideas of trying to get my head around water chemistry

Hi Nath,

I'm new to All Grain as well and in the Illawarra. I've been concentrating on dialling in my system, which I feel I have done successfully. I'm now concentrating on my yeast pitching rates and starters also looking into washing my yeasts. Once I have yeasts sorted water chemistry will likely be on my agenda as well.

Welcome to the forum.

Paul.

There's a club called IBU (Illawarra Brewers Union) I believe.

Get in touch with users here - cortez the killer, mje1980 or ///

I'm only using dry yeast at the moment started with us-04 now on us-05 but next I want to try a porter with danstar Windsor ale I use it fresh as am not confident in using starters worried about infections my system is ok may need some improvements efficiency isn't that great about 70% but it will do for now a few extra bucks on grain.I have herd about IBU but haven't seen anything recent from them are they still around?

Get in touch wjth Cortez the killer. He'll be able to get you access to the IBUs

mashing said:
I'm only using dry yeast at the moment started with us-04 now on us-05 but next I want to try a porter with danstar Windsor ale I use it fresh as am not confident in using starters worried about infections my system is ok may need some improvements efficiency isn't that great about 70% but it will do for now a few extra bucks on grain.I have herd about IBU but haven't seen anything recent from them are they still around?
[SIZE=11pt]I believe the IBUs are still around. I hear tell they are elusive bunch of misfits though. If you’re stepping up to all grain definitely get involved with them. Apparently they popularised the no chill cubing method that has advanced AG here so are probably a wealth of knowledge and experience.[/SIZE]

Invented sean, hell, let's reach for the stars. I'm sure we even invented kegged beer come to think of it.

:)

Am new to ahb also how do I get in touch with Cortez the killer

He's a user on this site so you can get into his profile and send a private message.

If you check the club section and find the ibu thread, you'll see posts from him. Click on the user and find 'send message' on the right.

Back