New Sydney Inner West brew shop opening

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right, we'll be open for business this Saturday. As we're still setting up, we won't have absolutely everything in stock just yet, but come pay us a visit, and if there's anything you like to buy that we don't have let us know and we'll try to get it in stock.

McKenry, As for those O2 cylinders, I agree with eloschgimpel - Bunnings is probably doing them at a better price than we would be able to, but regardless I'll have a look into it and see what kind of a price I could do if I got them in.

Any idea when you'll be ready for c02 bottle swaps? I'm running dangerously low, dunno how much longer she'll last.

Will you have any ginger beer kits on Saturday? What time are you closing?

Hi thehopsandgrain,

Please read you PM's re Retailer Status on this forum

Cheers

eloschgimpel said:
You get those (or compatible 136g O2 cylinders) at any Bunnings.
And probably at a cheaper price than it would be worth stocking for a small home brew shop (compared to the Big Green Shed ;) )

http://www.bunnings.com.au/bromic-136g-oxygen-cylinder-_p5910220

thehopandgrain said:
That's right, we'll be open for business this Saturday. As we're still setting up, we won't have absolutely everything in stock just yet, but come pay us a visit, and if there's anything you like to buy that we don't have let us know and we'll try to get it in stock.

McKenry, As for those O2 cylinders, I agree with eloschgimpel - Bunnings is probably doing them at a better price than we would be able to, but regardless I'll have a look into it and see what kind of a price I could do if I got them in.
Bunnings does a Bromic cylinder. These are Oxyturbo and according to MHB, have a unique thread and therefore I wont be able to fit my reg to the Bunnings bottle. His post here.
Happy to hear from anyone who has bought MHB's wort aeration kit that can get replacement o2 from Bunnings.

phoneyhuh - We will have Keg King 6.0kg, MKOL 6.8kg and MKOL 2.3kg this Saturday!

HalfWit - we do have one type of ginger beer kit in - the copper tun/brewcraft kit. If you haven't tried it yet give it a go, or if you have a favourite brand let me know and I'll try to stock them.

dicko - thanks for that, will check out the PM.

Hi Guys, A bit of an update on our stock levels today. Full disclosure: we've had two deliveries delayed in the last day. Which included most of our all grain equipment, our malt mill and kegging equipment.

What we do have are kit beers, fermentables (dextrose, liquid and dry malt extracts), some wyeasts and fermentis dry yeasts, hops and bottling equipment.

All the all grain equipment like boilers, chillers, BIAB stuff, filters, aeration kits, and kegging equipment like keg king CO2, taps, disconnects, etc will come after the weekend. We will still be open today, but unfortunately we don't have nearly as much in stock as we should.

Just wanted to post it here, so no one makes a trek to get something they need and then not be able to find it. If you want to find out if we have something in stock, you can call us on 02 9516 3008. If you just want to say hello, pop in anyway, and if we don't have something in stock, we're happy to order it in for you at a discount for your trouble!

I was chuffed to be their first customer then highly embarrassed when my card was declined due to me not correctly transferring funds to my transaction account yesterday :blush: . Raced home to rectify my stuff up then back to Hop & Grain. Two return trips (by foot) over 2+ hours for bits and bobs that weren't really needed but happy to support a new, local business.

The shop is still being stocked but there is a fair selection of grain, Wyeast and Safale yeast, DME, LME and said bits and bobs. Currently MKOL cylinders for swap'n'go but KK expected midweek along with more Wyeast and other stock.

They are a very nice, enthusiastic couple for whom I wish a prosperous future.

JDW81 said:
I always had my suspicions About your hipster status Bribie. I can see you riding down king street on a fixie and drinking your beer out of glass jars.
:icon_offtopic:
Got the fixie, girls step through model so I can put shopping on the back. Where do I get a jar from?

Surprised that there was a Wyeast drought in parts of Sydney. I've only used Whitelabs once, and it did ok, but for me there's nothing like smackin the biatch and watching it swell. B)
If I ever had to move to Whitelabs it would seem like switching from Android to Apple. :huh:

Looking forward to popping in when I'm down that way, will wear my insulated man bag :)

Hailed in today as well. Really lovely folks and a nice setup, even without the full stock they had wanted to launch with.
Looks like I'll be returning there soon and regularly.

If you could please put a 30L drum type fermenter aside for me when they arrive that would be amazing ;)
Cheers

Dropped in for a chat today. Looks like a nice hop and wyeast selection. Had a bit of a chat about opening hours and at this stage the shop is likely opening until a bit later on Thursday for the after work purchases and Sunday morning which will be handy. Nice people, who I will be happy to support as my lhbs.

Will be great to have a shop local for once............. Nice work guys ill have to get in there soon as I can! :drinks:

Open on Sunday and late on Thursday, awesome.

This will definitely make my life easier.

thehopandgrain; Are there any plans on getting a website up and running with your full stock list, prices and a special request(s) form? From what I've seen in other HBS - when you guys are busy as one-armed paperhangers serving customers in the shop (esp Saturday mornings), it makes both lives much easier if customers can walk in, pick up pre-orders and walk out rather than having to pull all the bits and bobs together for them on the spot.

Latest posts

Back