Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarlesso

Reaction score
Hi!

Been watching the forums for a while now and finally decided to jump on in.

So I'd like to post but I though it might be polite to say hello first before I'm all 'gimme gimme gimme' with the knowledge.

I have a background in food microbiology and analytical chemistry, plus sometimes my under-arms smell, so I know a bit about fermenting using micro flora :D

I have also worked at a local brewery while studying, so I know how not to brew beer ;)

I've done about 5 extract brews so far and it's no doubt been the best learning method as you tend not to make the same mistake twice when turn around time is over 3 weeks from preparation of the wort to bottling.

So anyhow, I've just made myself a mash-tun from a 'cheap as' 40L cooler ($30!!!) and some fittings from Bunnings. Very excited about the graduation to this process. I have seen some more experienced members mention that your first all-grain is better than your best extract (spark for a flash point, anyone?)... This may not be a literal translation nor an intention to instigate debate, but the use for hyperbole is illustration enough to depict the supposed benefits of the more complicated process.

See you in the forums where I will begin my assault on the over-flowing pool of knowledge...

Cheers!

I have also worked at a local brewery while studying, so I know how not to brew beer ;)

welcome aboard mate, which brewery may I ask?.. sounds like you are off to a cracking start.. sometimes it's knowing what NOT what to do as well as knowing what to do that gets us over the line to get the sweet sweet.. :icon_drunk:

again welcome to the forum and best of luck with your brewery

:icon_cheers:

Welcome aboard, looks like your taking the plung staight into the deep end, nice. Good luck and would love to hear about your brewing adventures.

Welcome aboard WheresMySpaceship, I'm sure you'll also be able to provide a wealth of knowlege as well considering your background :)

Mate, Welcome to the HB community. Reckon you are way ahead of me when I first started. Could'nt spell microbiology back then! AG is my next move so I will be watching any of your posts with curiosity. Sounds like you're willing to have a go so best of Luck. Cheers and Beers.

Welcome, looks like you have done your research so I will be keen to see how you go. Keep us posted with your brew results and Happy Brewing!

welcome aboard mate, which brewery may I ask?..

Was going to post who it was then realised my first post didn't set a positive tone for the said brewery... Off to a great start aren't I?!?! Sorry, I'll keep that under my hat for now, no offence, maybe I'll let you know in a more closed convo.

It's nice when you join a forum and all these friendly people say hello.

Gives you a comfortable warm feeling like when you pee in the water at the beach and the water is really cold. Feels nice...

And what's with these avatar pics, first guy off the rank is Pinhead and then that insane clown from the film "It" - man that was one scary clown!

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen (and possibly ladies).

And what's with these avatar pics, first guy off the rank is Pinhead and then that insane clown from the film "It" - man that was one scary clown!

couldnt think of anyone more appropriate relly.. :ph34r: you know pleasure and pain and all that.. demon to some, angel to others... :p

Back