New Liquid Yeasts In Perth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the supplier response but I still have no idea of contact info? PM sent but no response as yet. Any one got a contact for these yeast propagating Ninjas. :ph34r:
GB

I cannot vouch for the experiences of fellow threader Ronin but the scientific colleagues I mix with are all thoroughly professional and experts in their areas. I can only offer people the opportunity to exploit what is being offered here for what I feel is an absolute bargain for a top quality product manufactured in WA!

Hi Wayne,

That's the sort of information that I thought was required before I would buy these with confidence. I think what you're doing is great, as long as it's done in the right way, which it appears you are doing.

I take it you've never met some ah...how to be discreet...international PhD/masters students who are in the course because they can pay their way rather than by merit? I've met more than enough in my years at two universities in melbourne, and wouldn't trust them to culture anything, let alone anything I'm going to consume! EDIT: To be fair, it's the minority of students I'm talking about, most are quite good.

Best of luck with your endeavour.

James

Ive used a few of these yeasts - an english/yorks style and german lager, both brewed at correct temps, and they were excellent. I'm a kits and bits brewerand make sure i use these yeasts almost all the time now. I drive SOR to get to Malthouse HBS so i can use the yeasts etc.....

My 2c....

Phil

I'll be giving them a go for sure.
Let us know when you get them sorted Neville.....

the Yorkshire style you mentioned there Philthy.. sounds like a great first purchase..!

the Yorkshire style you mentioned there Philthy.. sounds like a great first purchase..!

Noooooo!! Not turning yer back on your old mate Windsor? :eek: :lol:

No more repack jack bitter? :(

Warren -

Yeah, that one sounds the goods.

88 strains? i think my penis just shrank a little :p

Hopefully these new yeasts will continue to be available at a good price - The indication we've already been given is that there is already a price rise, as they were put out cheap to get into the market place. If there's much of a rise I can't see us stocking in preference to Wyeast Smackpacks, so fingers crossed.

Cheers Ross

Hopefully these new yeasts will continue to be available at a good price - The indication we've already been given is that there is already a price rise, as they were put out cheap to get into the market place. If there's much of a rise I can't see us stocking in preference to Wyeast Smackpacks, so fingers crossed.

Cheers Ross
So by the time you get them shipped they would be about the same price as Wyeast ? The advantage I have is I dont have to ship just drop in and pick them up.Straight from the fridge to the esky.
GB

So by the time you get them shipped they would be about the same price as Wyeast ? The advantage I have is I dont have to ship just drop in and pick them up.Straight from the fridge to the esky.
GB

Mind you there is something said for buying australian. The issue most people have with aussie made is that it's more expensive. If it's the same price, is a good product and comes from a certified company, which it appears to, shouldn't we support them? Even if it ends up costing $1-2 more per pack?

I know I'd rather my money stay in the country than go to the US.

No to mention the 88 different strains available :p

And whats wrong with it going to the US, their economy is in worse shape than ours haha.

Well put Ronin. I know there's been attempts to produce locally previously. Peet Yeast comes to mind. Unfortunately they're now past tense.

Where I think the market is ready now is there's a heck of a lot more brewers home and micro who'll use the stuff than there was in 2000. We're probably one of the biggest HB consumer markets in the world now surely?

And Ross all things rise in price. Didn't you originally market Wyeast packs at around $11? You of all people should be encouraging not discouraging competition. ;)

Warren -

You of all people should be encouraging not discouraging competition. ;)

Warren -

Absolutley :) - where was I discouraging competition, did I miss something :unsure: ?
We actually entered the market with $9.80 Smack packs with a bigger margin than we have today - If the dollar returns, so will the price. Hopefully we'll have both products available, having the best choice available has always been what CraftBrewer is about.

cheers ross

it's not rocket surgery

No it's called good sales acumen... Start out cheap to establish a client base or give the drug user their first fix free and then bring them back to reality. ;)

Dollar falling or rising is probably irrelevant. Other retailer's prices for same items remained at nearly a constant for the same period of time. Be honest it was never going to stay at that price regardless of where the Aus$ was heading.

Warren -

When they came in they were 9.80aud ~$9.60usd (at 1AUD = 0.98USD) Now theyre $13.95 ~ $9.70usd (at 1AUD = 0.70USD). Not too much difference there.

Or another way of looking at it, to buy 1USD it used to cost us about $1.02, now it costs $1.42. That's a 40% increase, not 30%. And similarly, CB price of wyeast, going from 9.80 is a 42% increase -- pretty close IMO. Doesn't bother me, MHB is my local and sells them for $12.95 a pop.

Latest posts

Back