New Junior Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
So our new little one finally arrived.

Name we chose was Asher. He was born 3/1/11 at 3.59am, 3.88KG's.

What a life changing experince seeing him born, 100% natural birth, no drugs. I have a new found respect for the wife now.

Got home yesterday morning so last night was our first alone which was great.

On the morning he was born i cracked my Hargraves Phoneix, 9.8% Imperial Red Ale and my god what a beer, loved it so much. Then had fourstars US Barley wine and oh my god what a beer again.

Hey Hey Fents. CONGRATS!!!!

welcome to the world of parenthood. you wont know yourselves
no more case swaps for you Fents for a while, and your going to have to fill your kegs from kooi rather than brew your own!

glad everyone is doing well.

What a life changing experince seeing him born, 100% natural birth, no drugs.
:blink: WHAT!? doesnt sounds like you fents.. cant be your son :lol:

I kid mate. Congrats again.

And give it time, you will be able to share those knowing glances with other parents when he throws a tantrum in the middle of the supermarket, you will start to refer to the wife as "mummy" whenever he is about.

Congrats, and I agree it is a life changing moment watching a natural birth, particularly when it's your own child.

Congrats Fents.... All the best. Make sure you help the missus out as much as possible. Every little bit helps!
BIG Cheers! :beer:
Steve

Congrats man, trust both are doing fine? Should we expect a special brew to be made at kooi or what?

Congratulations Fents...

Would of FB you but connection not so good in the new house.

What a beautiful little boy, hope your wife is doing well and getting some rest.

Katie xxx

Congrats, Fents. As they say, life as you know it will never be the same.

The most memorable moment in my life was when I first held my son in my arms.

Good luck with the lifestyle adjustments (I'm sure you're not one of those "fathers" that having a child doesn't change anything for them), the lack of sleep, and denial of spontaneity. The first 12 weeks can be pretty damn tough, it felt like Groundhog Day to us until they started sleeping through a little. But every time you hold and look at your little man, you'll see a little bit of you in him, and your heart will swell with love and pride.

Soppy WarmBeer over 'n' out :icon_cheers:

Congratulations, Fents!

Great news that Fents. Any plans for a new small batch release under Junior's name?

Congrats to to you and the family, Fents!

Congrats Fents.

Playing the waiting game here. Junior was due today.

Thanks everyone. Yea helping the missus out like a mad man. Only had to get up twice last night to change nappie's. All still doing well, still adjusting with the sleep thing.

Ahhh that game Josh. Its funny you wait the whole 9 months give or take then that last week takes for ever, Hope it all goes as well for you as it did for us mate, nothing will prepare you but just ride the wave, you will feel helpless but just let instinct take over. Goodluck mate.

Gonna punch out a barleywine recipe while they are still asleep, cheers!

Congratulations and cheers to the three of you. :icon_cheers:
I found that the days can be long but the years are short.

Ahhh that game Josh. Its funny you wait the whole 9 months give or take then that last week takes for ever,

Congrats Fents (and maybe Josh by now - here's hoping!!!!)!!!!

Maybe someone should invent a program called Birthmate, or iBirth then thing would work how they are supposed too (say he who's 1st child - rather my wife who was carrying him . was 3 week overdue . . .and nearly 12lbs!!!! :eek: )

Worst part was, I had agreed to drink a bottle of champagne, accompanied by a cigar for each lb. Bloody doc estinated 5-6lb - quack hahaha

Cheers and good luck
Bruce

congrates on the little fella, hope both mum and he are well.
i think its time for a nice beer mate i know ill raise my glass for you.

cheers again guys, 6 days old today, have him in my arm now browsing AHB...telling him whos a wanker and who's not hahahaha, dont worry everyone in this thread is safe ;)

i wouldnt change being a dad for the best beer in the world, loving it,

Congrats to the fents family, the fun part is now ahead of you all.

Kleiny

Latest posts

Back