New Harvest Hops Just Released For Sale This Morning. Hopsdirect

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see this thread about new season hops managed to get to 49 posts before it turned to shit......

Anyways, anyone know of any commercial growers harvesting vast quantities of Simcoe and selling it cheaper than dirt???

I agree Hopsdirect are a great way to purchase. Inexpensive, fresh and the uneccesary middle-stand0ver-man are not required.

Fantastic service too!!

cheers

tnd

Hello GS,have you mated with Darren from Adelaide to create a new life form?

back on topic

Thanks for this! I ordered a pound of each below with fingers crossed for the amarillo - my go to hop for this year. Any progress made on the initial orders in the thread?

amarillo
centennial
chinook
styrian goldings
cascade

should keep me in AIPAs for a bit!

I've found out there was not a release of 6.9% Amarillo, so including myself, anyone who has some has been ripped of by a dodgey trader. :(

I have about 1/2 a kilo (maybe a bit more) of the 6.9% crappy Amarillo want-a-be, free if anyone wants it!
I'll even chuck in heaps of Chinese hops (that are also crap) they just don't have any decent aroma so are a waste of time. I got into brewing all grain to make good beer not to save money so these have to go.

You pay postage! bribes are accepted.
pm me if ya want to spew up cause of these crap hops

QldKev

So what is it then? Amarirro?

Cause they're just harsh and shit. I have barely even used mine. I've tried press hopping with 50g and it did nothing at all.
I just went and checked the label on last years it is the same as what they are sellling it as this year...AmarilloVGXP01 c.v.
Meanwhile i have over 15 pounds of other hops in the freezer, so i think i have enough to wait and see what the verdict is :)

Jus this moment got a reply to an email...

"Hello Alistair,
We have so many orders to get to so it is taking a bit longer than normal. We are hoping to get to your order shortly.

Carla
Hops Direct LLC "

Phew!

Anybody got any more feedback on how the orders are travelling?

I received an invoice from them but the shipping price was so ridiculous I just left it. There was no explanation as to how much I could buy for their flat shipping price either.

I received an invoice from them but the shipping price was so ridiculous I just left it. There was no explanation as to how much I could buy for their flat shipping price either.

I ordered 7lb (7 x 1lb) and i believe shipping was approx $59- flat rate price for large box

ive got 7lb on its way for 58 bucks shipping + cost of hops. Around $3.99 for 90g of hops on your doorstep. Sounds favourable to me compared with other options and they are as fresh as they can be.

Darren, as much as i hate to bite with your trolling... I have NEVER stopped a bulk buy of hops, infact it was the very reason i got into the business when I was blocked on a hop bulk buy i was handling, so it's something I feel very passionatley about.
Carry on this crap & i'll take legal action, I've simply had enough of your bullshit & downright lies!!!! This is your first & last warning.

Ross
Threats and innuendo, so typical Ross. How many times have you used this tactic to shut people up. Relax its only a forum, not the ASX :rolleyes:
You dont rule the world , Yet :lol:
Nev

Anyone else having billing issues with Hops Direct ?
Yesterday afternoon the credit union rung me to query a suspicious transaction
They said a "Hops Direct" were trying to charge my visa a figure more than $29,000
I told them that it wasn't right should have only been around $50 US
They did say a figure of "around" that was then charged to the Visa which went through
I sent Hops Direct an email to find out whats going on but they haven't replied
& this morning after checking the accounts again it appears my neighbor up the road who is combining delivery had a similar thing happen to their account & have been billed twice for a figure that doesn't match the hops invoice
The figure I was eventually charged is also above my hops invoice
Another email to them again this morning but still no replies ??????

Starting to think it all sounds a bit "scam like"

Anyone else having billing issues with Hops Direct ?
Yesterday afternoon the credit union rung me to query a suspicious transaction
They said a "Hops Direct" were trying to charge my visa a figure more than $29,000
I told them that it wasn't right should have only been around $50 US
They did say a figure of "around" that was then charged to the Visa which went through
I sent Hops Direct an email to find out whats going on but they haven't replied
& this morning after checking the accounts again it appears my neighbor up the road who is combining delivery had a similar thing happen to their account & have been billed twice for a figure that doesn't match the hops invoice
The figure I was eventually charged is also above my hops invoice
Another email to them again this morning but still no replies ??????

Starting to think it all sounds a bit "scam like"

I've only ever purchased from Hops Direct once before and it was a smooth transaction and prices were as quoted. They've obviously made a cockup from their end and I would imagine it will get sorted out once they return to work on Monday. Probably won't get an email reply on a weekend.

I have dealt with Hops Direct for over three years. Have spoken direct and communicated by e-mail. from my experiences I have nothing but praise for their product and service. If anyone has the ability to use VOIP for cheap calls, give them a ring (obviously take into account the time zone :D ).

BYB

I got a response to an email on 2/11 saying they are totally swamped with orders/processing. In the email she asked me to reply with some details and hasn't responded to that either so it sounds like they are really busy.

There was no explanation as to how much I could buy for their flat shipping price either.
Medium Flat Rate Box $45.50 can fit up to 5 - 1# pellet pkgs OR 1-5# pkg. pellet and 1 1# pkg. pellet

Large Flat Rate Box $58.50 can fit up to 7 - 1# pellet pkgs.

Anyone actually got their hops in hand yet? Over a two week period between order and hops being shipped due to the deluge of orders.

Mine were shipped out of San Francisco on the 4 Nov - No arrival / customs check in Aus yet as per the tracking.