New Harvest Hops Just Released For Sale This Morning. Hopsdirect

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better get in quick for the Amarillo I hear this year. Bit pricier than previous years too.

I normally use Nikobrew as the postage is HALF of what hopsdirect is but might bite the bullet and put in an order at lunchtime.

So its up to 7 pounds in the flat rate box for $50 right? I might struggle to find 7lb there on the domestic list so far released I want. Might search for someone near the northern suburbs (Reservoir) that might want to split postage and get a few pounds each. hmmmm decisions......

I'd be keen to go in with you aswell...

Sure if we can fit them in. Just be sure to write in the comments box
which orders you would like to go together.
Note: Names and order numbers.

Looks like they'll combine orders. I have already ordered 4 so if anyone from the Gold Coast wants in then let me know.

You could order 3 pounds and your share of the post would be 25 for 3...

I'm going to put in an order for myself, If any guys from Melb want me to put theirs in with me i'd be happy to order it, share the postage and then post to to you when it gets here. Let me know! :)

I'm going to put in an order for myself, If any guys from Melb want me to put theirs in with me i'd be happy to order it, share the postage and then post to to you when it gets here. Let me know! :)

Hey moose, I'd love to take either Centennial or Amarillo (or a mixture of both).

I'm in Mordialloc, how far away are you?

I'll have a look when I get home but I'm up for some hops, I live in Preston VIC for anyone close by

I take it that only the Amarillo, Chinook and Centennial are the new season hops (as it states in the description on their website)? Does this mean that in a few days/weeks we'll see the new season versions of the other varieties?

Also, can we expect to see Niko hops selling new season soon too?

In Melbourne and im interested in amarillo/cascade/chinook...
also wouldn't mind styrian and hallertau/magnum/spalt for lagers over summer, but not really fussed.

p.s right near preston

Im in northcote. It looks like theres a few of us pretty local, and the possibility of a mini local split looks good.

I take it that only the Amarillo, Chinook and Centennial are the new season hops (as it states in the description on their website)? Does this mean that in a few days/weeks we'll see the new season versions of the other varieties?

OK, I'm an idiot, as they have this in bold and red on their website...

Monday, Oct. 24, 2010, we will be releasing part of our domestic pelleted hops, as we are still in the process of pelleting. We are sorry we are unable to "hold" orders to be added onto later when more varieties are released.

Also, can we expect to see Niko hops selling new season soon too?

This question still stands tho...

anyone remember if they sold Simcoe last year?

I split my between Tullamarine and Williamstown and I work in the city so pickups should be easily organised if thats what some are after. For those interested pm me your details and what you're after and I'll email you all back with what the breakdown is.

Edit: They're only allowing 1lb of the new crop p/customer so first in best dressed. Sitting in the cart at the moment I have 1lb of the new crop Amarillo, Centennial and Chinook. Which we can divvy up between those interested. If you want anything else let me know. I'll checkout the order in about an hour or so

Cheers for the update, just grabbed some for myself.

On a side note i have two pounds of both Gelena and Cascade that are excess to my needs.
They have been stored at 2 degrees vacuum sealed for the last 4 months.

More than happy to arrange a pickup/shipment.

They have their farm grown Cascade in the flowers section still on sale and its 2011 stock. I may wait in the hope they release them soon and still have amarillo in stock when I order. In retrospect splitting orders want be easy with the 1lb limit per order and I'm sure most would at least want Amarillo and cascade.

Still half price hops even with the postage and farm fresh.

If anybody Brisbane way wants to go in together on a hops direct buy send us a pm, I am up for a few pounds.

They have their farm grown Cascade in the flowers section still on sale and its 2011 stock.

It's a shame we can't import them :-(

(Apparently not anyway -- is that actually true?)

It's a shame we can't import them :-(

(Apparently not anyway -- is that actually true?)
Unfortunately it is. Our hop industry is pretty disease free here, unlike many of the older hop growing regions, so we don't want to risk bringing any in on the unprocessed flowers.

I'm waiting for niko to get the new season in before I order, only want a few lbs.