New Harvest Hops Just Released For Sale This Morning. Hopsdirect

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadjaja

Reaction score
Better get in quick for the Amarillo I hear this year. Bit pricier than previous years too.

I normally use Nikobrew as the postage is HALF of what hopsdirect is but might bite the bullet and put in an order at lunchtime.

So its up to 7 pounds in the flat rate box for $50 right? I might struggle to find 7lb there on the domestic list so far released I want. Might search for someone near the northern suburbs (Reservoir) that might want to split postage and get a few pounds each. hmmmm decisions......

So it works out about half price what you pay here?
Seems they've sold out of a lot of stuff already... havent used any US provider, any reason you are going for hops direct this time?

So it works out about half price what you pay here?
Seems they've sold out of a lot of stuff already... havent used any US provider, any reason you are going for hops direct this time?

Everything looks available to me from the list they released so far. Last night was old stock and most out of stock but today its all there.

Half price hops means IPA's for the price of APA's :D

I'm putting an order in now;

Will be getting;
1lb Amarillo $16.50
1lb Chinook $14.05
1lb Styrian $11.20
1lb Centennial $14.40
1lb Cascade $10.35
Total US$66.50

Last time i bought from there they shipped for US$45.50, but waiting confirmation. Will update pricing when confirmed

If anyone wants to split half of any of these varieties. Let me know and we'll split the cost. I'll buy them to start as i'm sure someone might want a couple of hundred grams of something.

Preferable in Brisbane for pickup or meet-up, but can organise delivery at cost.

Edit: just asked for postage costs and sizes. Will add more if required.

Just got this from them -

Here are a few shipping options:

Medium Flat Rate Box $45.50 can fit up to 5 - 1# pellet pkgs.
Or
1-5# pkg. pellet and 1 1# pkg. pellet

Large Flat Rate Box $58.50 can fit up to 7 - 1# pellet pkgs.

@argon, I'd love to split some centennial, styrian and chinook. I live in Bne Northside.

Or, if you'd like to swap some Citra or Willamette, which I have in the freezer and I'm getting through. The citra is fantastic and the willamette is a good smooth bittering hop.

Cheers,

Goomba

@argon, I'd love to split some centennial, styrian and chinook. I live in Bne Northside.

Or, if you'd like to swap some Citra or Willamette, which I have in the freezer and I'm getting through. The citra is fantastic and the willamette is a good smooth bittering hop.

Cheers,

Goomba

Will do mate... half of each then?
Have enough hops i think, so just do a straight split.

For everyone's info, after ordering some from Niko recently

Obviously dependent on variety, but the delivered figures worked out like this;
Niko (per 3 pounds) AU$4.15/90g
Hops direct (per 5 pounds) AU$4.36/90g
Hops direct (per 7 pounds) AU$4.08/90g

90g lots being my yardstick

Will do mate... half of each then?
Have enough hops i think, so just do a straight split.

if you can get more into the same postage i would go some 1lb Chinook and Cascade for more LFPA :)

and split the postage etc

in Hawthorne so easy pickup etc

pme'd as well

Swap hops are from niko (I also have cascade, but we're not going to swap that, of course).

I'd be happy to take in either 1/2lb lots or 90g lots, whatever is more suitable.

PM after I post this.

Goomba

if you can get more into the same postage i would go some 1lb Chinook and Cascade for more LFPA
They'll only do 1lb of each, that's the drama, we're all going to want Amarillo, Chinook, Centennial and Cascade! :D

I sent them an email to see if they'll combine two orders.

Ok looks like i'll bump the order to 7 pounds. Hops highlight in red are limited to 1lb lots per order

argon -
1lb Amarillo Would like to keep the whole 1lb for me
1/2 Chinook
1/2 Centennial
1lb Cascade
1/2 Styrian

LRG - PM received
1/2 Chinook
1/2 Centennial

1/2 Styrian

Maheel - PM received sorry can't get more Chinook on the order
1lb Cascade

Total of 6lb so far.
Need 1 more lb... anyone??

I'll take a pound of Amarillo if you need. PM sent

Edit: extra pound that is, not yours :D

I'll take a pound of Amarillo if you need. PM sent

Edit: extra pound that is, not yours :D
Sorry mate can't get another Amarillo. 1lb only per order. Wanted to keep the whole pound as i'm very greedy and selfish... big plans

got your PM

Sorry mate can't get another Amarillo. 1lb only per order. Wanted to keep the whole pound as i'm very greedy and selfish... big plans

got your PM

:(

I would do the same with the Amarillo. Add a pound of Cascade then?

Better get in quick for the Amarillo I hear this year. Bit pricier than previous years too.

I normally use Nikobrew as the postage is HALF of what hopsdirect is but might bite the bullet and put in an order at lunchtime.

So its up to 7 pounds in the flat rate box for $50 right? I might struggle to find 7lb there on the domestic list so far released I want. Might search for someone near the northern suburbs (Reservoir) that might want to split postage and get a few pounds each. hmmmm decisions......
Possibly interested in going in with you on some postage there.

Done and ordered... awaiting shipping info. Should be US$58.50

1 Amarillo US$ 16.50
3 Cascade Pellet Hops US$ 31.05
1 Centennial Hop Pellets US$ 14.40
1 Chinook Pellet Hops US$ 14.05
1 Styrian Golding Hop Pellets US$ 11.20
7lb Total US$87.20

argon
1lb Amarillo
1/2 Chinook
1/2 Centennial
1lb Cascade