New Diy Coopers Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philw

Reaction score
I got an email from Coopers and they are updating there Home Brew kit by the looks

part of the email
Inside is a new, patented fermenter that makes brewing even easier and quicker, and a new easier to read plastic hydrometer, specifically made for beer, that won't break if you drop it. Plus a new DVDROM to answer all your brewing questions.

here is the link http://www.diybeer.com.au/

lol no more Paul Mercurio

Looks like they're switching to a pail type fermenter.

Linky

Linky

54508.png

that a good or bad thing ??

There has been talk around the trade about a new Coopers fermenter for about a year, apparently its all very hush-hush and its supposed to be something a bit out of the ordinary.
Havent seen anything to get too excited about yet, but have to wonder if there is more going on than meets the eye, be hard to get a patent on a better bucket!

MHB

Looks like a fresh start from a marketing point of view.

Word on the street is that the new kits are better than AG, so I'm going to take the punt and pre-order the new kits and the more versatile fermenter.

Word on the street is that the new kits are better than AG, so I'm going to take the punt and pre-order the new kits and the more versatile fermenter.

Which street did you hear that from??

lol no more Paul Mercurio
Lol good or lol bad?

Philw, you know Paul's a member here at AHB, right?

There has been talk around the trade about a new Coopers fermenter for about a year, apparently its all very hush-hush and its supposed to be something a bit out of the ordinary.

Yea, how many better ways can there be to make a plastic bucket !? Its surely a cutting edge technology with that new barrel of theirs. Personally I would have added a red stripe down the side for faster fermentation.

Yea, how many better ways can there be to make a plastic bucket !? Its surely a cutting edge technology with that new barrel of theirs. Personally I would have added a red stripe down the side for faster fermentation.

How much faster do you want to ferment than at 27 degrees ;)

You mean switching back :)

I switched back to pail fermenters too, the carboys suck for cleaning.

Now I just pop a bung in my bucket, and clean everything INCLUDING THE LID in the bucket :)

Did you notice there doesn't appear to be an airlock? No more gloop gloop gloop?

It also looks like the starter kit will come with BE1 instead of the kilo of dextrose that mine came with last Christmas. That's a nice change, I reckon.

To be fair coopers website does offer slightly better and more detailed instructions than the kit pamphlett. I can't say the same for tooheys home brew site.

Yeah I thought I saw you 'hangin' out' on the street ... corner :lol:

You look good in your biker outfit.

and here i was thinking that the only bucket you could use for brewing was the green ones....

learn something new each day i 'spose!

Philw, you know Paul's a member here at AHB, right?

well I do now B)

I have no issue with Paul at all

the thing with the DVD for me was the Chick in it looked like she is not really a beer drinker at all and would rather a wine over a Pale Ale :)

the thing with the DVD for me was the Chick in it looked like she is not really a beer drinker at all and would rather a wine over a Pale Ale :)

I got a VHS tape with mine but never had a machine to play it on. Still use the tape as a wedge below the fermenter to get the last 2 litres out of the tap.

ah that old vhs, takes me back to when i didn't even know you could make homebrew (or DIY Beer...) without a can.

Latest posts

Back