New Craft Brewery In Newtown, Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would explain the hydrometer imported to a hotel in Enmore last week. I should have written the name down when I saw it. Was a 3 word name. X X Hotel.

It is good to see syd picking up so much.

Josh, you are a regular Sherlock Holms.

The rent would be at least 3k - 5k a week. The old fish cafe went for 1500 a week. It's tiny. 15m2 tiny.

Marly is a tooheys craft venue... Doesn't surprise me they have such things on tap when the mad brewers kegs from down the road are dry.

The Marley is such a ******* scum magnet dive of a joint.

I think its fair to say that a brewpub in the Newtown precinct would be well received by all, and the rent would be made several times over in any given week.

Unless its an Aussie Cool Lager theyre brewing. :icon_vomit:

I'm looking forward to this........Easily within stumbling distance for me and will make a change from ending up at the Sando everytime I go out in Newtown.......

That would explain the hydrometer imported to a hotel in Enmore last week. I should have written the name down when I saw it. Was a 3 word name. X X Hotel.

Aren't there any homebrew shops in Sydney? :p

Sh#t, i've been wanting a 'beer' venue in the Enmore area for ages- maybe someone's beaten me to it. Nevertheless, i hope it goes smoothly- if it's done well i'm sure i'll spend some dollars there...

He was one of the owners of Baron's Brewing Co. before they went under.

Hi All,

Nothing gets past this group.

It is indeed my brewery. I suppose I better change my username. It's a shame Swinging Beef is taken!

Licence Application is in, brewery is almost finished ready for shipping (10bbl DME) and we start work onsite next month.

We have only applied for the hours from the existing consent conditions at the site (probably the last light industrial zoned area in the inner west) so no late night trade. We are looking at options for retail at other sites. I'll keep you posted.

We will be able to do cellar door sales and have a small 4 head, pre-evac filler for long necks and growlers.

Website is in the works. We'll be blogging about the build so when it is up I'll let you all know.

As a side note, AFAIK Barons is still running. I'm not involved day to day but did a pilot brew of Barons Redhead Lager (Vienna style, lots of Vienna malt, Cara-Red and Pacifica hops) a few months ago that was on tap at Harts.

So are you brewers up for a little competition? Winner gets a specialty release guest brew? I judged the Schwarz comp a few years ago and the quality was excellent. Your chances of winning have gone up considerably as Doc is disqualified on account of being quasi-pro. ;)

Cheers,
Richard.

Hi Richard,

Glad to see brewing isn't out of the picture in the inner west! I'll definitely be down there for a snifter and a snoop around when you're up and running. Your best bet for a comp would be to contact the various brew clubs directly, or just run it yourself!

Got any brewing jobs going? I'm looking for a change in career ;)

Have you sorted out your house beers yet? What can we expect in the lineup? Last but not least, the Zythos Project bunch just announced their awesome looking stainless growlers, the "Brauler" is starting to ship. Check it out for an option! http://thezythosproject.tumblr.com/

Most of all, good luck!

Hi All,

Nothing gets past this group.

It is indeed my brewery. I suppose I better change my username. It's a shame Swinging Beef is taken!

Licence Application is in, brewery is almost finished ready for shipping (10bbl DME) and we start work onsite next month.

We have only applied for the hours from the existing consent conditions at the site (probably the last light industrial zoned area in the inner west) so no late night trade. We are looking at options for retail at other sites. I'll keep you posted.

We will be able to do cellar door sales and have a small 4 head, pre-evac filler for long necks and growlers.

Website is in the works. We'll be blogging about the build so when it is up I'll let you all know.

As a side note, AFAIK Barons is still running. I'm not involved day to day but did a pilot brew of Barons Redhead Lager (Vienna style, lots of Vienna malt, Cara-Red and Pacifica hops) a few months ago that was on tap at Harts.

So are you brewers up for a little competition? Winner gets a specialty release guest brew? I judged the Schwarz comp a few years ago and the quality was excellent. Your chances of winning have gone up considerably as Doc is disqualified on account of being quasi-pro. ;)

Cheers,
Richard.

Good luck with it Richard, I be sure to drop in next time I'm down that way. :icon_cheers:

I'm in Newtown. Looking to move to a more production orientated venue. Will shovel grain / available full time. It's only a quick walk from me.

Latest posts

Back