New Craft Brewery In Newtown, Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.
Ok
It goes into construction phase in one month.
It will be near the enmore theatre
It eventually will have 'cellar' door sales
I'm excited.
:)

Gerard Meares, maybe. Where is his new brewery "Pinchgut" ?

Or maybe James Squire have rebranded their premises :icon_cheers:

Wow, almost CBD territory - I shudder to think how much rent they are paying on the premises - but then you have to be where the punters are congregating I suppose.

Bribie, Newtown is going off, with new trendy bars popping up since they eased the archaic licencing laws in NSW recently. I think a brewpub would be a perfect fit for the area.

Last time I was in Newtown was about 2 years ago and the only decent drinking establishment on King Street was the Townie :eek: - at least they had St Peters Blonde on tap and I won $35 on the Queen of the Nile. Sounds like the clientelle of the area is going upmarket, although I'll miss the beggars and all those people in St Vinnes Cast offs shuffling up and down the street with their eyes peeled for dropped coins and going "******* ******* ******* *******" in scary voices. :icon_cheers:

ps. My sister in Law (Sydney) always gives the beggars in Fortitude Valley a small denomination note when she is up here waiting for me to pick her up from the Station, they seem to home in on her, so I reciprocate when I'm in Newtown :lol:

Can someone post a link to their website please?

IMO opinion its been upmarket for 15 years. Not like the good old days when it was ruled by hippy stoner folks & colourful sexy pixie girls roaming the streets looking for the next acid-rock bank venue.

I was there last weekend, and the Court House had a Galaxy Ale on tap.

But a craft beer venue.... it will rake the money in. I for one would be a regular.

Does anyone know what happened to tht proposed brew venue in Surry Hills that the neighbourhood yuppies were heavily (and underhandedly) trying to block ? Young Henry's or something like that ?

IMO opinion its been upmarket for 15 years. Not like the good old days when it was ruled by hippy stoner folks & colourful sexy pixie girls roaming the streets looking for the next acid-rock bank venue.
I agree.

Man this place is across the road from where I used to live. On the other hand I now live in Melbourne which IMHO (flame suit on) is leaps and bounds ahead of Sydney's beer scene. Hope this is the start of many more good beer places opening up.

Did you live above Gallery Serpentine? :icon_drool2:

Do you remember the venue "Feedback" Damn I loved that shitty little place.

And dont think we're too bad off. Sydney has its fair share of excellent drinking venues. Over 10 beer bars in the CBD, or walking distance, isnt so shabby. :icon_cheers:

As someone who lives in Newtown and works locally in the liquor industry it will do very well. Enmore rd is not as good as king st but good none the less. The rent would be high no doubt. Though honestly why venues in Newtown don't just buy one of the 200l systems and do on site micro beer taps I don't know. I guess they just lack the capability... They certainly have the space.

Feedback! I used to work there.
The new brewery is going to be very close to Serpentine

Feedback! I used to work there.
The new brewery is going to be very close to Serpentine

You werent that creepy security guy in the dentists shirt ? We used to refer to him as the Barber of Saville.

I saw Powderfinger there when they were still n unknown (and waaay more hard rock) band.

So this new joint, its not on the premises of The Duke is it ?

No.. i used to work on stage, there.

New joint is off the main street.. near the ex-silo's, er, Silo Ted

Last time I was in Newtown was about 2 years ago and the only decent drinking establishment on King Street was the Townie :eek:

Even 2 years there were far better options than the Townie J Sandringham hotel have had Whale ale & CDA on tap for years now, and Courthouse have had a fair selection for a while now too.

Just my luck though, 3 months after I move out of the hood after a decade, a good beer bar comes along. Oh well its still a 10 min bus ride away.

I wouldnt imagine rent would be that high on enmore road either, further up the end there are empty shops, second hand whitegoods stores, variety stores etc

The Marley has Squire porter on tap. Is great to be able to get a draught porter in Newtown.

Latest posts

Back