New Bunnings "fermenter" Style Containers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I seem to remember last year Bunnings brought out some 30L barrels which were more square shaped. I need a couple of extre FVs with comp season upon us. It's a 60k round trip to the nearest shed so I thought I'd just post and see if anyone bought these or seen them recently. I could just ring them but I've been misinformed about things in the past and had a wasted trip. <_<

seen them at cannon hill the other day (thursday )

looked like they had just filled the shelves

I know what you mean Bribie, I ended up with a new 25L cube a while ago when I sent someone to the big green shed for one of those! <_<
I'll let you know if I spot one, I'm headed over to get a few other things from the Toowoomba BGS later today.

I seem to remember last year Bunnings brought out some 30L barrels which were more square shaped. I need a couple of extre FVs with comp season upon us. It's a 60k round trip to the nearest shed so I thought I'd just post and see if anyone bought these or seen them recently. I could just ring them but I've been misinformed about things in the past and had a wasted trip. <_<

Bought a couple from the Coffs store about 6 weeks ago. Have the 3rd batch in them currently, been doing 26 litre batches no probs.

Bribie, why don't you go to Carseldine bunnings on the way to/from work? It's only just off the M1 after the sharp bend to the Gateway Arterial/Southern Cross way. That way, no wasted trip.

Either exit northbound and run through Bracken Ridge back to Southern Cross/Gateway (can't remember what it is there) - on the way to work; or turn off Southern Cross to Bicentennial Drive -> Beams Road and once done, exit northbound and head home on the Bruce.

Bought a couple from the Coffs store about 6 weeks ago. Have the 3rd batch in them currently, been doing 26 litre batches no probs.

Bumped my batches up to 27L in them - haven't had any krausen explosions yet. Come close on my last brew though, just bulged the glad-wrap a bit!

They've sent a gnome with a torch to the other end of the shed to look for them and will ring back (that was 20 mins ago). Need to go to the crapper so what's to bet they'll ring then <_<
If they don't have them at Moronfield I'll head for Carseldine. Surprisingly it's almost as convenient as MF, by the time you leave the M1 and go down Buchanan's Road and park at Bunnings MF if you just keep driving on the M1 you're already past Narangba and another 10 mins to Carseldine which as you say is right on the Motorway.

Might hit Dans at Northlakes on the way home.

Damn this is going to be a long day :lol: - thanks for the heads up that these are still available.

Edit: don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter don't think about the Zywiec Porter ...................

Bought one each of the 30L square and 25L round about 6 weeks ago. The round ones don't have any volume markings on the outside.

Morayfield had them
These are really neat compared to the old barrels, and less than $20 each with an O ring. I'll reno my two "traditional" fermenters with new taps.

bunnings_30l__Large_.jpg

Awesome! Just don't blow a disc lifting them! :D

Didn't get to Dans but popped into 1st choice who had a stack of "Grey Import" Singaporean Tiger as opposed to the BUL, whoever makes it - three 660ml tallies for $10, try anything once. :p

So what size drill bit did you need for them to put in the right sized whole for the grommet?

Glad wrap doesn't require a grommet :p

I've never done the gladwrap thing and have wondered why people do it...

I've always fermented in glass or plastic carboys with bubbler airlocks or (rarely) a krausen tube..

Morayfield had them
These are really neat compared to the old barrels, and less than $20 each with an O ring. I'll reno my two "traditional" fermenters with new taps.

View attachment 54841

They look cool, what's the dimensions please Mike?

With the big black o ring that is for the red lid

Back