New Brisbane Microbrewery for G20 next year

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WSC said:
James Squire?
I saw a news article suggesting this was the case. Couriermail is a trustable source of news, right?

:ph34r:

In that case I wonder if it's going to be a permanent fixture - being Qld it could be called The Candoo Squire perhaps...

or would it just be a "pop up" brewery for the duration. However other franchised beer outlets like Bavarian Bier Cafe seem to have done ok in Bris, so maybe overdue for a JS.

I've only been to one JS pub but found that the house beers were excellent and during the course of the session it was easy to pick which were house and which were from Tooheys plant. The Amber and Golden in particular were "meh".

Seriously what a ******* joke. James ******* Squire.

Why couldnt they have got an independent operator in that at least makes good beer?

Because it was more about the $$ then ever about having a decent micro brewery, and I'll bet Lion Nathan paid handsomely for the right.

I hope everyone here votes with their wallets and spends the money at decent independant craft beer bars, of which there are a good number very close to where this will be.

******* James ******* squire....unbelievable....

Not a fan KBB ? :D

King Brown Brewing said:
I'll bet Lion Nathan paid handsomely for the right.
That wouldn't be right would it? That reeks of secrecy and corruption does it not? That couldn't happen with the honest LNP at the helm.

No big deal. I don't think many craft beer fans will be choosing to go there (outside of circumstance) over the multitude of awesome beer places around town. If anything it's going to expose more of the PNC* crowd to real beer, and let's face it, they have the capital to make sure it doesn't fail, and to splash out any make it a really sweet place to go, even if the beers aren't interesting enough for our tastes.

*PNC = "pedestrian nothing ****"

Latest posts

Back