New Brewer from Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixa4377

Reaction score
G'day guys/gals,

My name is Glenn, live down the Mornington Peninsula south of Melbourne, LOVE beer, especially testing other peoples brews, I have a good brewer in the family who makes some cracking ales and lagers and another bloke I have got to know that has only been into brewing for 12 months and his pale ale was a corka, so this has given me a bit of a kick up the rear to get a brew happening, Spending $40-$50 a week on beer just aint right :) , I see this as a cost cutting exercise really lol,

I will trawl a few threads, take in some info and use the search function, :D

Thanks for having me guys!

fixa4377 said:
I see this as a cost cutting exercise really lol,
You will soon realise that it isn't really a cost cutting exercise. It is a very slippery slope, and once you start buying gear you get hooked and can't stop.

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of brewing as I have over the years.

JD

JDW81 said:
You will soon realise that it isn't really a cost cutting exercise. It is a very slippery slope, and once you start buying gear you get hooked and can't stop.

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of brewing as I have over the years.

JD
Much easier to justify the $$ though with the better half lol,

Cheers

It's very possible to keep costs down but it's also very easy to spend lots. At the moment I'm pumping out a carton a fortnight for $16 but lots of room for improvement if I had money and space to get better equipment!

Welcome aboard Glenn.

Lol @ the spending money comment. As pointed out by JD, and as best surmised by my favourite HB related quote:

"Homebrew. An expensive way to make cheap beer." :p

fixa4377 said:
Much easier to justify the $$ though with the better half lol,
You say that now…. Just wait till you want to set up a keg system, or "need" a new fermenting fridge, then see how that rolls with the minister for home affairs.

And the temp controllers, and the pumps, and the big arse shiny pot, and the...

Do it slowly though and buy smart, it ain't too bad, great hobby indeed.

Enjoy!!

:D

Cheers fellas,

I have the fridge ready in the shed already, 3/4's of a kit, need a few replacement items that's all,,

Slow and steady wins the race, Also have to allow for laziness in preparations and the chance of me falling back to buying beers lol, so literally testing the waters to see if it's for me :)

Latest posts

Back