new blings first brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeddog

Reaction score
Today i got to use my recently bought a Deluxe Hopscreen (beerbelly), Hoprocket (blichmann) and a 60 plate chiller (DudaDiesal) and quick disconnect fittings (Kegking). I wasn't sure where to put these thing in line with the pump. The Hopscreens pretty obvious but this is how i did it..

Out through the hopscreen from Kettle to Hoprocket to March pump Plate chiller to Fermenter in one pass.

Is this the way it should go or should the pump push the wort through the hoprocket instead of pulling it through?

Any how this is the way everything performed...

The hopscreen sits up from the bottom of the kettle higher than my old dip tube which left a lot more wort behind. I will have to allow for this loss next time. The 100gms of pellets was a factor in draining to a lower level, it seamed to get blocked. Next time I will need to stand there with a scraper of some sort to scrape the hopscreen as it get low so as to unblock it.....Just trial and error I guess. Or just don't use pellets :huh:.

The hoprocket helped filter some of the trub and time will tell if the 90gm of Galaxy will shine through as hoped. But seemed to be faultless in it's performance and construction.

The 60 plate chiller..WOW!! 60lts of boiled wort chilled to 19C in under 10mins

The quick disconnect tended to leak if the rubber seal inside each female wasn't seated properly. The sort of thing you don't want to have to do check all the time.

What I did learn was to have shorter lenghths of hose from each bling so I get less loss in the line.
What I did do was had hot water from my HLT ready to flush the line so as not to waste wort.

any thoughts would be great..

This chill plate ROCK's :super:

edit..trying to do bigger picture

photo.JPG

Latest posts

Back