New Beer Label Samples For Feedback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Label ?

• Number 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Number 2

• Number 3

• Number 4

• Total voters
Thanks Doc for the poll - I would have done it but wasnt sure how.

You are right about March not being Summer but due to development timings etc it is looking like March. Even though it is a Summer Ale it is/will be a great beer for any season!!!

I am leaning towards three.

By the way the writing on the label is from the peach ale label but the beer is not the peach ale it is a new one.

I'll take numero uno senor Merco! :beerbang:

Contrast is a good thing. :super:

Warren -

definately number ONE...!!!
the others are too floral and wishy washy, i like the contrast in number one.
and you still have alot of room to move, when needed for different styles.

good luck

No 4 is making a dash....

American influenced 'summer ale' by any chance merc ^_^ ?

If these are meant to be for a commercial beer, then you need to do somserious pack sort work. Looking at the labels in isolation of competition will be misleading. My guess is that you might have some serious problems with shelf visibility.

T

Number 1 for me.

Clean lines with the least colours. Contrast of wings is best out of all the images.

Definitely #3 for me Paul. More summer in colour than the autumn browns, and of course a tri-colour and more expensive :D

Tseay said:
My guess is that you might have some serious problems with shelf visibility.
T
[post="103833"][/post]​

My two cents but personally I think the lightness of the label will make it stand out. Most beer labels are predominantly dark earthy colours. (an exception coming to mind is Squires)

Mercs Own said:
Thanks Doc for the poll - I would have done it but wasnt sure how.

You are right about March not being Summer but due to development timings etc it is looking like March. Even though it is a Summer Ale it is/will be a great beer for any season!!!

I am leaning towards three.
[post="103784"][/post]​

No probs on the poll.

As for labelling it Summer Ale but not selling it in Summer won't consumers think that it may have been on the shelf since Summer and hence old stock ? Just a thought that would go through my mind when buying beer labelled such.

Beers,
Doc

well i have to go with no 1 ,it has that little bit of contrast and gives the label a nice lift,but essentially when you grab a beer you dont sit there staring at the label,its just a spur of the moment thing as you grab the bottle and thats the way i picked no 1,if you sit there gazing at it for any more than 3 or 4 seconds you loose the impact of the label
cheers
fergi

My pick is Number three (3). One looks like it could be mistaken for a chick L'gopner (spritzer), with peachy colour!. :blink:

Gotta have blue. My immediate thoughts! :beerbang:

Good luck.

Smashed Jaffa.

I'm torn between 1 and 4. Maybe the tricolor mixed with the darker colour wings would be my choice. Is there a number 5?

I will preface this by saying that I have red/green colour deficiencies...

I think the thing that is important about this label is the design, not the colour.
So don't worry about a splash of blue here, or a heightened contrast there. Just go with whichever design will cost less to produce!

Berp.

It will still need to stand out on the shelf amongst the other beers, especially in a fridge on the other side of the bar, I often check out the fridge behind the bar to see what they have on offer. Sadly most of the time it is products from the big 2 ( if you are lucky Coopers makes on appearance)

I have been working on labels for my beer, and have worked out that it helps to be bold, have limited amount of colours and be able to be seen from a distance amongst other beers...and the more colours, the higher the cost.It also helps that if you are going to make a series of beers, make a common label to keep the cost of printing down.

Just a thought

But I like the labels in general......

We here on the site are probably not representative of the segment of the target market you are aiming at, no doubt you will have an agent carrying out such research, but it is fun being involved, thanks Paul.

I agree and disagree with Ducatiboy stu - when you say it is better to have a limited amount of colours - limited colour generally means a bland label (James Squire) - be bold yes but bland no. Also the idea of having one label that will work across a range of beers is something else I am going to avoid. I agree with Ducatiboy stu when you say it keeps the cost down but I think it creates a fairly bland range of product James Squire again is an example and also the packaging from Red Hill Brewery (sorry Dave) I like the look of the Red Hill stuff but from a distance you wouldnt have any idea on what product is in the bottle! Same with the JS. For bold statement and one colour check out the new bottle look for Matilda Bay Bohemian Pils!!

I am looking at launching two new beers by the mid March. I am using the same label shape as I own it but the actual labels will be completely different. I will post some variants of the next one when it is in a more developed state. When they are on the shelf together they will have a relationship visually through overall shape and the wing logo but other than that you will know immediately they are different beers and it's worth trying both! Well that is the idea.

Screwtop - you guys are a target market to some extent - the fact that you make your own beer and it is as good as anything you can buy and in alot of cases better certainly means you probably wont buy that much. But you are discerning people with a love of beer therefore if you like my labels and the beer you are more likely to tell others about it. So my thanks to you all for you help. And no I dont have an agent carrying out research - I spoke with a company that does all that type of stuff but at $20 000 I thought better of it.

Wally the bottles will be the typical brown bottle that every one else is using. I looked into using other shapes and colours but in the end it came down to price. 29 cents per brown bottle or 80 cents for a fancy bottle. so 3240 bottles per brew equals $939 for brown bottles or $2592 for fancy! Easy choice in the end.

Back