New Bbc Beer? Series To Download

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, what program do you need to watch these files ? I downloaded episode 1 and 2 last night, but cannot open them with the windows media player in my desk top running XP or my lap top running vista.

cheers

Browndog

Browndog,

Just do a google search for 'windows essentials codec pack' and download & install it.

Should let WMP play almost any file out there :)

Cheers

Browndog,

Just do a google search for 'windows essentials codec pack' and download & install it.

Cheers

Thanks Nick

Guys, what program do you need to watch these files ? I downloaded episode 1 and 2 last night, but cannot open them with the windows media player in my desk top running XP or my lap top running vista.

cheers

Browndog

Or use VLC media player. Its a free program that will play almost any media file.

Thanks for these videos! Am downloading now

cheers

Browndog

Download the VLC media player. But you need to 'check' the 'open with' option on the media download icon.

Cheers, Hoges.

Just too quick for me captain.

Browndog,

Cheers

The Combined Community Codec Pack on winblows is good, too. Recommended as it can find relative conflicts at install like media splitters, etc. and disable and/or resolve.

reVox

Oh, any Mac users having issues should try Perian, the universal codec pack for OS X :)

Cheers

I'm using this at the moment

K-Lite Codec available here http://codecguide.com/

Handles pretty much everything and includes Media Player Classic

Also if people have a DivX compliant DVD Player - you can burn these on to a CD / DVD and watch them like a normal DVD - as with most .avi files

Look for the following symbol on your DVD Player

Cheers

622px-divx-logo_svg.jpg

Also all good stuff available from www.free-codecs.com

And the KMPlayer the newer top rated free everything player beating VLC in looks and ease of use. Very nice along with media player classic a must have. :)

KMPlayer

Oh, any Mac users having issues should try Perian, the universal codec pack for OS X :)

Cheers

Just a heads up that Perian whilst good can cause conflicts with Keynote with audio playback of multimedia files. My lappy was a source of much frustration until I found out about the little gem of info :rolleyes: .

Anybody available to seed Neil Morrisseys risky business

beers
Franko

cheers

Browndog

Brownie, save your bandwidth, I can burn all 8 episodes to disc for you if you want. May get to the mountain this weekend and can bring it then. If not shove it in the post.

Anyone else want one while I'm at it?

Cheers

Sully

Just been looking over the posts!

I'd like to throw in my two bob, I worked and helped design the Digital Cinema system some cinema's are using In Autsralia Wide so I know a fair bit about codecs and stuff.

Firstly If you dont have the codec get Klite Codec pack, We used this on all the cinema players and it was the BEST codec pack by far (oh we had fun playing with all the others!)
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_lite_codec_pack_download.htm

get any version and when you install it It'll ask if you want to use the cut down "media player" that comes with it, de-select this, all you need are the codecs not all the players and guff, thats it intall it and then try to ply the files, IF all fails get VLC player, its Freaking great and if its your "prefered" media player on your computer you can "preview" Torrent files before they have completly downloaded, which is usefull, you have to download "some" of the file before you can preview it though, but it saves loads of time when you download some movie or show to find its not it.

Then if you want to watch in on your dvd player (if your dvd player can not hendel divx,xvid)
Get VSO convert X to DVD . After using about 50 different bits of software from shitty freware ones to ones used in the mass duplication of DVD's VSO's one was
1. the eaisest to use
2. Can convert ANYTHING to DVD even Youtube files. Yep i download youtube things and watch em on DVD's
3. By far it has the best Transform encoder, which (unless you fill the discs with stuff) virtaly has no loss in quality, Most if not all others you can SEE the quality degrade.

It costs to registor it but on some of the Torrent sites there are "key's and Serials" get one of these and crack it. if you like it Buy It!!

On UKNOVA there is another series about people moving their lives around and there's an epp about a Micro Brewery, Quite good.

Brownie, save your bandwidth, I can burn all 8 episodes to disc for you if you want. May get to the mountain this weekend and can bring it then. If not shove it in the post.

Anyone else want one while I'm at it?

Cheers

Sully

Hmmm, that'd be nice - a few beers for your trouble?

Latest posts

Back