New Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoyt

Reaction score
Image013_1.jpgGot bored today and decided to finally build my bar!!!! Now i just need to pull my finger out and get a flooded font for it.

i take it your a cabinet maker or something like that hoyt , nice job indeed...

Im a boilermaker, just got bored and thought i might build something in timber!!! (but the internal frame is steel) :D :D

I can get my hands on a 4 tap flooded font - andale Ivanhoe - gold - with a drip tray S/H for 450.00

If you are interested....

I better wait till after christmas B) to keep the peace!!

Think i will stick with steel at least you can weld it back up if you stuff up!!!

c'mon mate, measure twice, cut once :p

know what you mean though, much better to be a man of steel B)

cheers

We band of (boilermaker) brothers... :D

Nice work, hoyt, job well done by the look of it. Can't wait to see it all finished. How will you run the flooded font? Stash an iddy biddy freezer underneath or something?

Looking schweet!

What finish will you put on it?

Cheers - Fermented.

A jarrah stain, i will post some photos when i get it in place.

Sounds nice! Looking forward to seeing it when you're done.

Looks like your carpentry skills are rather good. You're a fast worker to knock that up so quickly!

Cheers - Fermented.

We band of (boilermaker) brothers... :D

I remember a boily apprentice (4th year) at the Newcaste Steelworks trying for 4 hrs to weld a bracket onto a wooden post.

Im just LMAO here picturing Hoyt trying to weld all this together :lol:

Looks great mate.

cheers

Tony..

At least us Sparky's can always use that bit of extra length...can never have to much length... :D

I remember a boily apprentice (4th year) at the Newcaste Steelworks trying for 4 hrs to weld a bracket onto a wooden post.

He obviously couldn't find any Woodcraft rods... :eek:

:icon_offtopic: sorry but cant resist trady sledge match....... its whats life is all about!

Tony..
At least us Sparky's can always use that bit of extra length...can never have to much length...

Yeah mate...... always a length in front......... thats why we get paid more :lol:

He obviously couldn't find any Woodcraft rods... :eek:

All the other boilies called him "stupid". That was hi nick name.

True story.

They did teach me to weld and cut so i wont bag then too much. Helped me build my Rig many years later.

We are still smarter though :)

cheers

see :p

Gold!

Cheers and a boily is always welcome for a beer here......... fitters too............ Just!

Pffft... fitters are only sparkys without a mega and a pair of shielded pliers...:p

Wasn't this about the bar?

Nice work. I need to get some concrete downstairs and set up the bar. Hopefully a 10 keg unit, which is obviously overkill. But the adage of brewers is "Overkill is a good start". Ask some of the hop fiends on this forum.
The desk is an old Centrelink curved "wave style" front desk. Wind-up height adjustment. Get yrself to a Government auction.
In negotiation for a gold goalpost 5 tap font, with glycol pump and the relevant goodies, such as a Guinness sparkler and one of those Turbo Taps or some such, and a hand pump on the side.

Uncle Seth

Latest posts

Back