New Aussie Tv Show On Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oatlands Brewer

Reaction score
Just saw ads for a show on Southern Cross TV (Tasmania) called "Perfect Beer".

Anyone heard anything about it..

It looks to be hosted by Andrew Daddo....bit of a knob , but has got to be better than those pommy dickheads.

Tuesdays 8:30pm

Found out a bit more.

Its a one off doco of Andrew Daddo visiting all the Brewers in Tasmania.

Its this tuesday 8:30 to 9:30, but im guessing its only being shown here in TAS.

thanks for the notice. tuesday after top gear then!

From TV guide it looks like you are right about TAS only. Bit of a shame; sounds worth watching -- vacation planning...

I did find a National Geographic video for , which was an OK little intro for the ignorant, but would have been nice if they added a bit more of a craft brew dimension. Reading Jamil Z & Chris White's yeast book now and it really stuck out to me at how the yeast role was down played.

My wandering also led me to this potentially useful :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Found out a bit more.

Its a one off doco of Andrew Daddo visiting all the Brewers in Tasmania.

Its this tuesday 8:30 to 9:30, but im guessing its only being shown here in TAS.

I saw the shorts for this, looks like an interview with Willie Simpson is included, should be interesting.

Maybe some Tassie local with technical knowledge can record this ripper of a program, which might plant a seed of an idea in mainland TV execs to show it here. I'm more than a bit sure there would be a torrent of people wanting to watch it.

Not that I condone that sort of thing ;)

Im sure theres a hint in Warm's post....but im just not getting it...... :ph34r:

unfortunatly ive havent got the foggest on what to do....if one was that way inclined....so to speak

Maybe some Tassie local with technical knowledge can record this ripper of a program, which might plant a seed of an idea in mainland TV execs to show it here. I'm more than a bit sure there would be a torrent of people wanting to watch it.

Not that I condone that sort of thing ;)

clapping.gif

And the peers go wild!

Watched this last night, not very impressed. Just going round a few micro breweries tasting a very beers.

Watched this last night, not very impressed. Just going round a few micro breweries tasting a very beers.

They missed out the best beers made in Australia that I've tried, Moo Brew.
The beer that I had from 2 metre Tall was very poor, seems like a lot of trouble for a very average product. I think the bloke should of stuck with wine. Same thing with the Iron House beers, nothing special as far as I'm concerned, in fact no better than some of my extract brews. Also tried one of the Van Diemans Beers, not too bad but no where near on a par with an authentic English beer. The brewer's abilities don't live up to his said credentials.
Yet to try any of Willy's brews.
I think the show appeared to be more aimed at the tourist than the beer connoisseur. Not really much info on the actual beers.
Worth a watch anyway, if only to see what the brewers of the beers were like as people. The head brewer at Cascade comes across as a real dope.

Forgot the bloody thing was on until about 15 mins into it.....

I agree guys...more just a jolly around Tassie drinking beer

They missed out the best beers made in Australia that I've tried, Moo Brew.
The beer that I had from 2 metre Tall was very poor, seems like a lot of trouble for a very average product. I think the bloke should of stuck with wine. Same thing with the Iron House beers, nothing special as far as I'm concerned, in fact no better than some of my extract brews. Also tried one of the Van Diemans Beers, not too bad but no where near on a par with an authentic English beer. The brewer's abilities don't live up to his said credentials.
Yet to try any of Willy's brews.
I think the show appeared to be more aimed at the tourist than the beer connoisseur. Not really much info on the actual beers.
Worth a watch anyway, if only to see what the brewers of the beers were like as people. The head brewer at Cascade comes across as a real dope.

yeah interesting they didnt do moo brew. im sure it wasnt an accident so there must be something going on there.
agree with 2mt, gave them several chances early on and didnt know i was getting funky beers until i drank them. seldom drink them anymore.
good old max burslem, not what i expected after hearing about him and reading his name on all those cans over the years. just seems like an average bloke youd run into buying kits at the home brew shop.

as for the show itself, yeah wasnt much. think mr. dado said "prefect" about 100 times. basically a getaway type show focusing on beer which isnt necessarily a bad thing. glad i didnt miss it though as then i would have felt bad not knowing what i missed :(
joe

Back